Utah News Hells Revenge upgrade?
Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Fred
  • 2 Post By Fred

Thread: Utah News Hells Revenge upgrade?

Utah News Hells Revenge upgrade?

Tonight while watching local news they showed an explosion. They blew up some rocks on the top of Hells Revenge Lions Back so they could build a new exit so vehicles can try the Lions back without riding the whole loop. They said it will help prevent traffic jams and give people the option to leave without turning around. What do you think I haven't been up there?

I thought the Lions Back proper has been closed since 2007.

This is not the fin we have been riding last few years at the very beginning of Hell's Revenge. That fin is is something else on a TW.

Maybe the new route is being cut somewhere up around the 1 minute mark here, or a bit further? It was flagged one way last year yet we still say wrong way traffic
    Last edited by Fred; 02-14-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    Lyterx, Elvesus and BillPacific like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

While the beginning go the Borrowed Borneomoble video is the entrance to the Hells Revenge trail most was shot on Fins-n-Things 1/2 mile to the NE.
    This was back in 2016 when two way traffic was still allowed on both trails, with directional arrows being "suggestive".
    Dynamiting the proposed by-pass is just one more concession to the growing popularity and thus crowding of Moab's Sand Flat Recreation Area. A bike can get usually around the often many vehicle deep congestion zones. Hopefully the new route will speed things up and reduce frustration on busy days. The place is meant to be for fun for everyone. Don't want breakdowns, delays and stalled vehicles creating slick rock road rage as it sometimes takes a few days for hurried visitors to relax, slow down and get the the race out of their system.
    BillPacific and plumbstraight like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Bill, do you have a link to the story? It was my understanding Lions back had closed around 2008 as a developer bought the property and closed off the access. Additionally, I thought Lions back even prior to this was private property and the previous owners charged a fee. Every year I've been to Moab Lions back has been closed.

or or or

Is this an upgrade to some part of Hell's Revenge Trail. I'm only confused by the title and story as I've ridden Hell's Revenge but didn't know it connected to Lions Back.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Bill, do you have a link to the story? It was my understanding Lions back had closed around 2008 as a developer bought the property and closed off the access. Additionally, I thought Lions back even prior to this was private property and the previous owners charged a fee. Every year I've been to Moab Lions back has been closed.

or or or

Is this an upgrade to some part of Hell's Revenge Trail. I'm only confused by the title and story as I've ridden Hell's Revenge but didn't know it connected to Lions Back.

I tried to go back to KUTV channel 2 Utah news and couldn't find story. My co worker said he saw same story on this channel. The video looked like Lions Back with rock dust in the distance from rock explosion toward back top. The news made comments on both trails in the story. I haven't been on either trail so I assumed they are connected and the news knew what they were talking about. Time will tell if this is real or a messed up TV story.

I searched unsuccessfully for the news story too.
    Tripped over this story which is a sobering reminder that tragedy can strike us while at play no matter how well helmeted, padded and belted in we may be:

Fiery UTV accident kills 2 women

The tragic incident occurred on September 2, 2016, over the Labor Day weekend. Destiny Dixon, 28, was driving a Polaris Ranger 800 ATV from the 2010 model-year with passenger Debbie Swann, 51.

The women were navigating an obstacle called the “Tip Over Challenge” on the Hell’s Revenge 4×4 Trail in the popular Sand Flats Recreation Area just a few miles east of Moab, Utah.
    Witnesses say the ATV slowly tipped over on the passenger side. The fuel neck hit the ground and the gas cap ripped off as the ATV slid backwards, causing gasoline to pour out of the fuel tank and ignite.
    Bystanders tried to rescue the women, but the ATV exploded before they had time to unbuckle their seat-belts.

Polaris is being sued over several of these exposed gas cap related fires.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Sponosred Links