NiCd battery rehab
Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Point37
  • 1 Post By Tweaker
  • 3 Post By Point37

Thread: NiCd battery rehab

NiCd battery rehab

Wasn’t aware it was possible to do until I checked YouTube...fixed a Milwaukee drill battery yesterday...wouldn’t take a charge before...now it does...pretty wild

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...battery+repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebbanflood and Dryden-Tdub like this.

YouTube is awesome. I had a bad lithium battery for my Ryobi tools. I had dropped it and it wouldn’t take a charge. I almost threw it away and decided to take it apart and see if I could see anything wrong. It looked ok but wouldn’t take a charge. Then I found a similar video for lithium’s. After watching I learned to check each cell and I found one low one causing the fault. The vid said to use a 9v to do the same jump on the low cell. That did revive my battery.
    Point37 likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

my method wasn't as refined...i tried to jump the battery using 2 of my dewalt nicd batteries and it wouldn't spark at all...i slapped it in the charger and tried to plug the charger in/out of the outlet multiple times and that didn't work...then i tried to slide the battery in and out of the charger and it was starting to get the light on the charger to flicker...then i just plugged it in and and hit the battery (while on the charger) with block of wood caveman style...then the light on the charger started to flicker more and it finally must have worked cause the charger light went to solid green and stayed there and started to charge it...i left it overnight on the metal plate on the concrete floor with a fire extinguisher near it in close proximity to the smoke alarm...was flashing that it was fully charged in the morning...14.4 volt battery tested at over 17 volts on the multimeter...drill ran...going to retest it tonight to see if it dropped a lot...youtube is great!
    Last edited by Point37; 02-19-2018 at 10:05 AM.
    Fred, Tweaker and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Sponosred Links