Confession
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confession

Don't get me wrong, I love my TW! But sometimes I find myself looking at pictures of older two-cylinder bikes (like the one I knew in my youth) and thinking that I need to find something like that for my next bike.

Is there anything newer (1990's?) that has that look of the old Honda 350, Indians, Triumphs etc?

Depends on what displacement you are looking for.

The new Bonnevilles have the look of the old 650's, but are 865cc's.

Royal Enfields have retro-looking 500cc [s]twins[/s].... Sorry, they're singles.

Then there are the Virago 250 cc twins, but they are more cruiser-like.

Jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

When you can find one there are these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_W650

The Royal Enfield is kinda quirky and not much of a modernization vs. back in the day, but it's got the "look".

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

-Szj

2001 TW

Both have the look. Thanks!

What do you know about the Honda Nighthawk? It looks like it has been in production a while.

I don't know if I could deal with the more than 30cc extra displacement over my TW though. Seems like that much power is just asking for trouble!

The W650, the GB500, the TU250 are all nice but hard to come by. Half the time the last two show up, they're dirt cheap. The new (newer than what it's modeled after at least) Super 4 CB400 over in Japan seems like a neat throwback as well.

I've been close time and again to buying either a CB550 or an SR500, then I ended up with a CB-1. Next week I'm bringing a /5 Beemer home though. I know it won't have the pep of the old Jap bikes, but it's got its own pleasures.

this one isn't new, but what a cool bike!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/3296691693.html
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Bullspit View Post

Now that right there is a SEXY old bike!! Does anyone know what year it is? It looks an awful lot like my old 69 CB350... man do I ever wish I had that bike again. My first street bike was a 1969 CB350, it was SIMPLE and very reliable. It had enough power to keep up and it's fuel economy was decent. I sure do miss that old beast!

z
    Full custom 2008 TW200/250 build pics of my bike... I call her TW (short for "Twice Wicked" for her almost doubled HP Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Newest member of the herd... 1987 Honda CBX250... this bike will become a board tracker this summer

Hidden Content

Bought another bike last fall (2012) ... 1982 Kawasaki KZ305 it's a "mostly done" bobber project I got for practically nothing

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joe band View Post
    this one isn't new, but what a cool bike!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/3296691693.html

Very cool old bike! I've never heard of or seen one before. Can anyone tell me what's hiding behind the big round cover on the front of the engine?

z
    Full custom 2008 TW200/250 build pics of my bike... I call her TW (short for "Twice Wicked" for her almost doubled HP Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Newest member of the herd... 1987 Honda CBX250... this bike will become a board tracker this summer

Hidden Content

Bought another bike last fall (2012) ... 1982 Kawasaki KZ305 it's a "mostly done" bobber project I got for practically nothing

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links