Free Cougars
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Free Cougars

Free Cougars

cougar 1 day.jpg Come and get 'em.
    cougar x 3 night.jpg

Free to a good home, Mama and two yearlings.I've got way too many cats.
    cougars x3 night.jpg

Good with deer.deer 2:22.jpg
    TW-Brian, Miaugi, troll and 14 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Nice pics Fred!

Here's video of a pair up in the Santa Cruz mountains. They look pretty well fed (lots of deer up there).

https://patch.com/california/santacr...z-county-porch

Interesting thing is I was walking my dog right here looking for tracks not too long before these pictures were taken.Cougar new day.jpgCougar day3.jpg
    Spooky in that these top predators see me way more often than I see them. This girl is hopefully just on the prowl for local squirrels and not denning up nearby with the two yearlings.
    littletommy, Mel, Allanb and 3 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Interesting thing is I was walking my dog right here looking for tracks not too long before these pictures were taken.
    Spooky in that these top predators see me way more often than I see them. This girl is hopefully just on the prowl for local squirrels and not denning up nearby with the two yearlings.
    Don't worry Fred, as long as you have plenty of deer around, you and Daisy are probably not at much risk of being on their menu .

A pic like those sure tells a person to be on the lookout when going outdoors. Be aware to scan at all times and remember they also like to lie in wait above if there is a good limb to lie on.
    Fred, littletommy, Mel and 5 others like this.

Big mamma. Little lean after the winter and / or pups. Look at the size of those paws! Hard to maintain, but yeah Plumb, head on a swivel. Iam about the same size a big mule 🦌

I like the way momma went uphill, then came back down a hour later with the kids.cougar @ night.jpg cougar x 3 night.jpg
    Wonder what she does for Day Care.

I should perhaps not be so cavalier about wildlife hazards. Have lost cats to bobcats and coyotes, had a bobcat inside house, bears trying to climb through screened open window and scratching at glass door. Seen a cougar chase wounded deer right past me. Perhaps I need a smaller pocket slab sided 9mm or 10mm in a skeleton holster or to always slip into a pocket. The loaded S&W .38 is a little heavy and bulky and would likely snag in a pocket if ever needed in a hurry. It ofter gets left behind. Everything else is either too big, scoped, red dotted and long barreled for target and long range use...or .22s loaded with snake shot for my rattlers. Need me a defensive weapon better than just a walking stick.
    Last edited by Fred; 03-11-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Allanb, Mel, littletommy and 4 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Don't entirely understand how you (Fred) can be so casual about all this. From my understanding of "wild cats", they'll be tempted to jump a pony, but not if they see a rider first (which doesn't always happen) - but bears on the other hand, especially when in your home, makes a good case for claymores

But this does make a good point for leaving pies to cool on a windowsill, rather than indoors

I'm all for "live and let live" - shared planet and all that stuff - but this does put the NRA into perspective .....
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Until I saw the photos separated by three days I always assumed the mountain lions with their enormous ranges were infrequent visitors and thus of minor risk to me and mine. But then I am in denial; have found other people's pet cat collars, deer bones abound, and the dogs typically come home with deer legs not just from winter kills due to weather...etc.

My dogs in the past have been proven defenders but I recently lost my best by-my-side buddy Sam to old age. The female ranges wide and defends the big picture but my male would stay at my side during those vulnerable times when I would be bent over working or otherwise distracted and defenseless outdoors.

Used to have a local elderly lion hunter/poacher who likely kept puma populations in check but I haven't seen him or his dogs in a few years. So numbers may be growing for the ghost cats. Either he, or his dogs would show up always from the illegal California side claiming he came from the legal Nevada side. I didn't care. I got to see a couple of his kills, and I helped him one NewYears to track down one of his missing dogs via radio collar. Dog had been caught in a poaching trappers jaw trap for a week during a rare week long blizzard. Dog was at bottom of a five foot deep hole melted in the snow but alive; I would have been dead after the first night. Almost killed me snowshoeing her back out since the no way the old guy could carry her. I didn't think to take a sled since we figured dog was dead and we were just trying to recover an expensive telemetry collar.

I knew the poacher was running a trapline in the area since earlier that fall my foot and the TW200 foot peg got caught in a wire snare while riding one of my trails. That also hurt. Thus I hate jaw traps, deadfalls, snares and poisons since they kill indiscriminately. I still fear an unknown fate should a dog not come back from a walk. It is irresponsible for any trapper to not check their sets frequently.

So maybe I need a new dog, maybe a Rottweiler again. Anyone have puppies?
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Cool pics Fred! Interesting to have 3 cubs.
    Beauty is as beauty does.
    If it works good, it's beautiful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links