• 2 Post By Badgerflorida
  • 4 Post By Fred
  • 4 Post By admiral
  • 11 Post By SanDue
  • 4 Post By Fred
  • 5 Post By Trail Woman

Thread: Where's the kick starters!

Where's the kick starters!

Couldn't tolerate the pain anymore. No no no Sue isn't leaving me! It's been a couple of years now since my hip replacement. The doctor then asked two questions. Do you own a TW200? Have you ridden with either Joemama or this character called Fred. I told him I was enticed into joining a group ride because it was describe as " A Fred's easy ride". It's a trick I told him! It's a trick! Notice Fred just had his hip done. Serves him right! Ha. The doctor began explaining to me because of Fred's exploits in the Sierra Mountains and Joemams influence in the cascade mountains they have had to convert TW kick starters into hip joints. Next time you ride with Fred give him a kick and see if he doesn't get started.

Anyhow, I just had a total shoulder replacement. Ya, ya, cry you a river. The doctor asked me a couple of familiar questions. He asked me if I rode a Tw200? If I have ridden with either Fred or this character they call Joemama? Joemama I told him! The doctor nodded in agreement and asked me what year kick starter I would prefer?

I must validate that I'm not blaming any of these surgeries on the TW. The doctors gave me three choices and not once did I blame the TW! Just saying. Dirts a Flyen SanDue
    Fred, Mrs. Admiral, Ken and 12 others like this.

Praying for a speedy recovery brother Dan!! You have quite the sense of humor, either that or way way too much time on your hands!!
    TopPredator, SanDue, Ken and 2 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Dan,

Too bad you couldn't have held out until this weekend. Joemama and I are having a Weld & Ride and we could have fixed you up with a ball joint out of some old truck out in his back forty. We would have even given you our exclusive 90/90/money back guarantee (90 seconds or 90 feet - whichever comes first, and if we're not satisfied with your money, we'll give it back!).

Here are my recommendations for your shoulder rehab - drink lots of beer in large quart bottles to build up your strength and then throw the empties at Sue to improve your range of motion.

Get well soon,

Brian

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

OK Major Dan, Fred and I will be your blame takers. We can handle it. Joeband is my go to blame it on guy. He better hope all goes well with the weld and ride. Get well soon Dan.
    TW-Brian, Ken, littletommy and 2 others like this.

Hope you heal up quick. Cheers
    Ken and SanDue like this.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 10K miles, decent condition
    04 in great condition

Get well soon Dan so we can go on another easy ride. I know just the place.
    Ken, Mel, SanDue and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Hello fellow should surgery survivor. Very humorous story as usual (I expect them to be funny so don't ever let me down). I'm glad you didn't come to San Rafael Swell ride or I may have been lumped into the Fred & Joemama contribution to delinquency group. Good luck for a fast recovery.
    SanDue, Mel, littletommy and 1 others like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Had an early mourning doctor appointment today. Four days after surgery, four days with no shower. (Admiral may think that's funny.) Come to think of it the Doctor upon me leaving said I could start taking showers with the stitches still in. He asked me to grab the thumb of the injured arm and raise it slowly over my head. Further he said. Further slowly, keep going and I went to full over head extension with BOTH arms. Couldn't do that four days ago. Didn't know I could do it, such a wonderful surprise. The things we each take for granted blows my mind!

I mentioned Admiral earlier because he came up in our Doctor/patient conversation. The Doctor has taken an x-Ray of my shoulder and slips it into its viewer. He may have said I sure look good on the inside and thought God may have made me inside out! He started explaining to me the difficulty he had pounding the shaft of the implant down into the length of bone. Hammers where soon entered into the conversation. The Doctor told me he was forced to use a bigger hammer to pound the shaft into the bone. I was thinking that is exactly what admiral would have done. He informed me I had very good bone density. He said they sometimes refer to it as bone head density. I started telling him of an Idaho potato farmer that may have BHD and had a large collection of hammers and a lovely wife that rides a pink motorcycle and will throat punch you in a New York minute. The conversation abruptly changed to my consumption of pain pills. I told him I hadn't taken any. He looked worried and instructed me to return next week so he could marvel at his excellent work and remove the sutures. I'm going to ask him next week when I will be able to ride the TW. I'm itching for a ride, or maybe my sutures are itchy. Dirts Flyen SanDue

Good progress report from our favorite dense bone head . Hopefully TW riding will be on your recogmended physical therapy
    SanDue, Mel, littletommy and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

So I gather the painkiller are working well then? lol Enjoy the ride.

Sponosred Links