Disenchanted with Riding in General - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Disenchanted with Riding in General

"I have i been watching just too many videos where both cagers and bikers are acting stupid and wind up in a wreck ? hummm. dont know."

Spend less time on the internet and especially those sites. They are both addictive and toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by stagewex View Post
    "I have i been watching just too many videos where both cagers and bikers are acting stupid and wind up in a wreck ? hummm. dont know."

Spend less time on the internet and especially those sites. They are both addictive and toxic.
    Your right. I will not argue with that.
    That was one of the items i was wondering about causing this disenchantment.
    If a bike is plated, it's suppose to be ridden, not hauled on a trailer.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    If riding itself is not enough exercise you can try standing up more and riding more challenging terrain. Since I did this my hip problems are gone and over all my health and balance has improved. If you constantly challenge your techniques your driving will improve making riding more enjoyable.

Normally I attribute your mood toward winter blaws or lack of vitamin D but being in Texas you should be doing okay there unless your trapped inside.
    That is what I am thinking is wrong with me.
    "Trapped inside" yes, very much so because of the weather and this one client i have left the just will not let me up and quit on him.
    I have told him that what i am doing for him keeps me trapped inside and not getting the exercise i need.
    He does not have a choice in me to not go on the NMBDR.

Maybe all these boils down to, is not getting outside more and riding.

The only thing i 'dread' about the NMBDR is the 11.5 hours its going to take me to get there.
    Can't trailer, don't have a trailer, nor anything with 4 wheels to pull a trailer.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Scotti158 could be right and there is no shame in saying you are depressed. True story. When my daughters grew up and went off to university I felt a big emptiness in my life and became very depressed. I was on anti-depressants and started going to counseling. Nothing looked good in my life and I felt like my life was over. I don't know why but I bought a TW and got my licence. Seriously I fell in love with motorcycling and had a reason to get up in the morning. After a couple weeks I called the counseling center and told the secretary I would not be back. She asked why and I told her because I bought a motorcycle. She didn't even try to hold back .. she was laughing so hard she couldn't even talk.
    I used to live for hotrods and lost interest then got into 4x4 trucks but got bored with that. Right now I love motorcycles... I eat sleep and breath motorcycles however I can see that someday I may get tired of them too and that will be ok as I think next I would like to get an ultra light plane. Part of what makes motorcycling great is that I have a friend that also has an enduro and an FZ6. I have no interest in group rides but one good buddy to ride with is great and that might be all you need. Nothing wrong with posting an ad looking for someone to ride with. I also love riding solo and on my holidays I pack up my tent and gear and just take off in a general direction. been to the east and west coasts of Canada and this year I plan to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and see where the road takes me from there. I also plan to ride up to James Bay July 1st weekend. Planning a trip gives me something to look forward to and traveling solo can have its moments but i always look back in my trips and think "that was awesome"
    Nicoradv I hope you figure it out and do what is good for you.
    admiral, ejfranz, Fred and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    Scotti158 could be right and there is no shame in saying you are depressed. True story. When my daughters grew up and went off to university I felt a big emptiness in my life and became very depressed. I was on anti-depressants and started going to counseling. Nothing looked good in my life and I felt like my life was over. I don't know why but I bought a TW and got my licence. Seriously I fell in love with motorcycling and had a reason to get up in the morning. After a couple weeks I called the counseling center and told the secretary I would not be back. She asked why and I told her because I bought a motorcycle. She didn't even try to hold back .. she was laughing so hard she couldn't even talk.
    I used to live for hotrods and lost interest then got into 4x4 trucks but got bored with that. Right now I love motorcycles... I eat sleep and breath motorcycles however I can see that someday I may get tired of them too and that will be ok as I think next I would like to get an ultra light plane. Part of what makes motorcycling great is that I have a friend that also has an enduro and an FZ6. I have no interest in group rides but one good buddy to ride with is great and that might be all you need. Nothing wrong with posting an ad looking for someone to ride with. I also love riding solo and on my holidays I pack up my tent and gear and just take off in a general direction. been to the east and west coasts of Canada and this year I plan to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and see where the road takes me from there. I also plan to ride up to James Bay July 1st weekend. Planning a trip gives me something to look forward to and traveling solo can have its moments but i always look back in my trips and think "that was awesome"
    Nicoradv I hope you figure it out and do what is good for you.
    Let me say this first to get it out the way "Suicide is permanent solution to a temporary problem". period.

I said i was retired, well that's really semiretired. Because of that one client mentioned above.

I understand what your saying about buying a motorcycle.

have always had 4x4 before divorce that is (going on 20 years now), and gone all over the USA in the CJ5 i had, from home to RI and home to WA (that was fun). I like traveling.
    I have always traveled for work, and that is more than likely one of my problems now. You remember the song sung by Lee Marvin "I was born under a wandering star"... thats me.

When it time to head home after a trip, the one question that always enters my mind is "but where is home".
    Nowhere has felt like home.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoradv View Post
    That is what I am thinking is wrong with me.
    "Trapped inside" yes, very much so because of the weather and this one client i have left the just will not let me up and quit on him.
    I have told him that what i am doing for him keeps me trapped inside and not getting the exercise i need.
    He does not have a choice in me to not go on the NMBDR.

Maybe all these boils down to, is not getting outside more and riding.

The only thing i 'dread' about the NMBDR is the 11.5 hours its going to take me to get there.
    Can't trailer, don't have a trailer, nor anything with 4 wheels to pull a trailer.
    Wether or not I guessed correctly it's a safe and easy place to start. If it is vitamin D related it can take a while to see a difference but some suppliments might help speed things up some.

Go ride. Go find a place you want to see and see it.

I have felt this way. It takes a good ride to fix it. At least for me it does.

Or I buy another bike. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Woman View Post
    Wether or not I guessed correctly it's a safe and easy place to start. If it is vitamin D related it can take a while to see a difference but some suppliments might help speed things up some.
    Doubt it is a vit D deficiency, milk has added D, mostly to help absorb the calcium.
    I go through a gal every two days, sometimes it only lasts a day.

I drink milk like others drink water.
    ----------

Just back from the store getting cigs.
    Feel better just doing that.

NMBR trip is also about quiting smoking.

I bought some Chantix, will start that 2 days before leaving and not take any cigs with me when i leave the house.
    --------------

Forgot who it was that posted about local riders.
    I went on the TW map here about 2 weeks ago and had a look at the marks.
    There were none listed close to me, some about 100 miles away so.
    What i thought when i was looking at them there was no way to tell if they were still active or even still had a TW200.
    Allanb, Happypop and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

Trail Woman, Your Avatar looks much more interesting now that you have enough there to see what it is. Good job.
    As for giving up riding, Tain't for everybody. If you must, you must.
    Phelonius

Being a wandering soul is something I have fought most of my life. Looking for the thing that gets your adrenalin going from one thing to the other. I have built an ultralight aircraft, two place and it was fun, but the reality was in the PNW days you can fly are limited, got rid of it and got a piper Cherokee. Was a nice plane, but only used it now and then, got rid of it. Have several bikes from the TW's to a Goldwing. Weather again puts a damper on riding, but getting away to ride with friends is the answer to the doldrums. Don't much care to ride alone as you never know when out in the bush and rocks you might have an issue. I built a jeep from the frame up and it looks great, but don't take it off road, only been in parades lol. Hate to beat up a nice rig. Have a few quads/sxs and are road legal. Use them for local rides to town now and then when it is not raining. Still the best part is getting out and riding with others.

Have set aside some plans for this year. Just lost my aunt that has been with me for a few years and am now free to roam a bit. Need to go to Alaska for a week and move a rig in May. Hope to make the ride in Oregon on fathers day. Will leave for Alaska on the Alcan highway and take my tractor to clean up some property to sell this summer and go fishing on the kenai for a month or so. Will come back home and go to a party in Oregon for my daughter's wedding, then leave for SC to visit with my youngest and go hunting with son in law and son for a while. On the way back figure to meet up with folks in Quartzite till I have to get back for tax time in Washington and the weather starts to warm up here. Soooooo that is my plan for sanity for the year. Oh, and I will be taking my TW and the sxs with me. Hope there will be some rides in the east. Would love to do the Hatfield, McCoy area and the smokey mountains.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links