Disenchanted with Riding in General - Page 4
Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Disenchanted with Riding in General

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoradv View Post
    Just a short update... Sold the DR and TW. Bought a Ford Explorer XLT.
    Now i am into storm chasing. No flashy lights or such.

Was headed up to Montana/Wyoming area last week and instead detoured to West Virginia, so didn't make it up there.
    Wish i had now.

I still think about buy some bike, maybe a XR250 (something like that).
    FWIW I’d love to take that new KLX 300 for a romp or better yet a 300EFI street legal KTM 2stroke (lotto money). See how it goes. TW is a lifer though. As for riding I have conceded to mostly off-road. Every year I get older it seems the roads get worse for safety. Or maybe I just get more aware of mortality. Idk. Do what you need to. Ride on and explore one way or another.
    Last edited by Sthrnromr; 07-09-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

Good you're moving in a positive direction, for YOU. Access to bikes and riding will always be there should you choose.
    2004 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    FWIW I’d love to take that new KLX 300 for a romp or better yet a 300EFI street legal KTM 2stroke (lotto money). See how it goes. TW is a lifer though. As for riding I have conceded to mostly off-road. Every year I get older it seems the roads get worse for safety. Or maybe I just get more aware of mortality. Idk. Do what you need to. Ride on and explore one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibdavid View Post
    Good you're moving in a positive direction, for YOU. Access to bikes and riding will always be there should you choose.
    I got to thinking about what Sthrnromr stated.
    This XLT i have has factory towing package (6 wire).
    Bought an RV to pull behind it, could just as well pull a bike trailer.
    Then went on to think that i could put a bike rack on the back of the trailer. Don't know if frame of trailer would support a TW.
    I'll have to look when i get a chance.

Someone just now posted there was craig's list ad for a TW, don't dare look at it.
    If a bike is plated, it's suppose to be ridden, not hauled on a trailer.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I heard it fell off a trailer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoradv View Post
    I got to thinking about what Sthrnromr stated.
    This XLT i have has factory towing package (6 wire).
    Bought an RV to pull behind it, could just as well pull a bike trailer.
    Then went on to think that i could put a bike rack on the back of the trailer. Don't know if frame of trailer would support a TW.
    I'll have to look when i get a chance.

Someone just now posted there was craig's list ad for a TW, don't dare look at it.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

You know that RV trailer i just bought a few months ago?
    Sold it yesterday. Hadn't used it at all, was just sitting in storage. Oh well.
    At least i don't have to worry about getting out and using it to get any type of return of use and not having to pay the 100$ month storage fee (covered storage).

So what now......
    Joining a gym next week. Don't really care for that one. Ceiling is too low to do a handstand on the pull up bar (no room at all above it).

On the way back from collecting the money for the RV, was thinking maybe i just ought to buy another DR. Looked online at a couple, don't remember much about the ones i looked at, they just didn't strike my fancy at all.
    Last edited by Nicoradv; 08-22-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    If a bike is plated, it's suppose to be ridden, not hauled on a trailer.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

Again, do you and don't worry about others, although we do support this habit.
    2004 TW200

With me it is getting out and doing. Wishing this and that just doesn't cut it. As I am back down from Alaska, was a short time this year, I am starting to get homebound fever. So, I did something I have never done before. I bought 5 acres in S Carolina. Talking about taking a leap of faith. It is near Camden abut a half hour drive from where my daughter lives. It has an older mobile home on it and I will tear it down and send it to the dump what I can't salvage and there is usually not much with those. Hope to take care of that this year. Next year I plan to build a building I can back my trailer in, plumb it into the water,sewer and power which is on the property. Just figure to pour a slab, plumb in the utilities and go from there. Even if I just get the slab and utilities to hook to for the first year that will be a good start. Then will build the building and have an area for washer/dryer and bathroom with water heater. When I am gone I can rent it out. Nice to have your rig under cover both summer and winter. Will also have an outside system for another rv if company arrives.

Now, the question, how many TW owners or brush busters are in that area? Will have to do the hatfield/McCoy trail system, better sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    With me it is getting out and doing. Wishing this and that just doesn't cut it. As I am back down from Alaska, was a short time this year, I am starting to get homebound fever. So, I did something I have never done before. I bought 5 acres in S Carolina. Talking about taking a leap of faith. It is near Camden abut a half hour drive from where my daughter lives. It has an older mobile home on it and I will tear it down and send it to the dump what I can't salvage and there is usually not much with those. Hope to take care of that this year. Next year I plan to build a building I can back my trailer in, plumb it into the water,sewer and power which is on the property. Just figure to pour a slab, plumb in the utilities and go from there. Even if I just get the slab and utilities to hook to for the first year that will be a good start. Then will build the building and have an area for washer/dryer and bathroom with water heater. When I am gone I can rent it out. Nice to have your rig under cover both summer and winter. Will also have an outside system for another rv if company arrives.

Now, the question, how many TW owners or brush busters are in that area? Will have to do the hatfield/McCoy trail system, better sooner than later.
    I am ~ 1hr 20mins from Camden area. Not so sure about any local riding out that way, but I do know some decent spots within ~ 1hr from there. Also, congrats on the purchase! Any inside state info you want or need, feel free to reach out.
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post

Excellent direction on buying land, fun! I'm always the most happy/satisfied when I have some kind of project in the works.
    2004 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Sthrnromr View Post
    I am ~ 1hr 20mins from Camden area. Not so sure about any local riding out that way, but I do know some decent spots within ~ 1hr from there. Also, congrats on the purchase! Any inside state info you want or need, feel free to reach out.
    This is the best part of being on this forum. Put out where you are and where you are going and asking if there is a fellow TW'er in the area to ride with. Here I am in the fartherest part of our nation and I reach out to folks 3000 mi away and get a response that hell yes, come on down and lets get dirty. Folks of the TW forum, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponosred Links