Disenchanted with Riding in General
Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Disenchanted with Riding in General

Disenchanted with Riding in General

I just don't know how to put this.

Am i losing intererst ? Cant say that i am, or am I ?

Not losing interest in exploring new places. Meaning where there is no one but just me and the coyote, wolf, puma, or bear that's chasing me.

Is it the cost ? Don't really have an answer for that.

I have i been watching just too many videos where both cagers and bikers are acting stupid and wind up in a wreck ? hummm. dont know.

I sometimes get to a point where i just want to get rid of all my bike stuff. The DR, Motomule, TW200, and all the spare parts i have for them.

Or is it that i am sorta bipolar when it comes this whole thing.

Maybe it would help if had a web site where it does not cost money to post image. I have youtube channel, but i wind deleting all the vids because of the above.
    I was hosting the images of all my rides on my own server. But got tired of spending money for that, plus the cost of the domain name.

Been thinking about buying another kayak and going for extended trips like i use to. But can't find the kayak i want.

Anyway, any comments are appreciated, maybe then....
    Allanb, Darth and jtomelliott49 like this.
    If a bike is plated, it's suppose to be ridden, not hauled on a trailer.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

You can use imgur for image hosting free of cost.

On the disenchanted front, I got that way and stopped riding for several years. Then I picked up a `75 KX125 at a yard sale because it was cheap and had a small field at the end of the road to ride around in. That led to the TW, and now I'm looking at a DRZ, it's like I never left. Having a few more years under my belt, and now a family as well, my riding style and goals have changed quite a bit, but I still enjoy it as much as I ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    You can use imgur for image hosting free of cost.

On the disenchanted front, I got that way and stopped riding for several years. Then I picked up a `75 KX125 at a yard sale because it was cheap and had a small field at the end of the road to ride around in. That led to the TW, and now I'm looking at a DRZ, it's like I never left. Having a few more years under my belt, and now a family as well, my riding style and goals have changed quite a bit, but I still enjoy it as much as I ever did.
    I did that, i sold my DR then 6 months later was missing the adventure of it and bought it back.

I'm retired, really no constraints. I used to say "Go when want, when i want, for as long as i want". It really still applies, but....

Seems like there always something that after all the planning the ride does not take place, not because i could go, but weather (Alaska when Deadhorse got flooded out) , or i really don't like to mention it because why it was canceled for the TAT last year. The other rider had a family member die when his bike was hit by a car. He turned around before we got to the fist campsite to start our ride. That was going to be one hell of a TAT trip there. Spanning maybe two months because of what/where we were going along the TAT.

I called him up earlier this year to see if he had plans for the TAT this year, don't think he really wants to ride it now.
    Allanb and jtomelliott49 like this.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

frozen wasteland of the barren north, Yukon Territory, Canada
    Retired.....hmmmm, older guy..... Testosterone starts falling off somewhere in our 40's, over a cliff after 60. Has an affect on gumption. I know I feel more fragile now at 67 than I did at 57.

Might not be about the bikes
    Converte gladium tuum in locum suum. Omnes enim, qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt. - JC

The closest thing I have to friends who ride are the occasional nod or wave from someone else on a bike as we pass each other going opposite directions. Can't really say I actually schedule rides or ride for events or anything, I just wander off for a bit or run errands.

Quote Originally Posted by troll View Post
    Retired.....hmmmm, older guy..... Testosterone starts falling off somewhere in our 40's, over a cliff after 60. Has an affect on gumption. I know I feel more fragile now at 67 than I did at 57.
    Might not be about the bikes
    Dont mention that to my girlfriend, she would set u straight on that in a hurry.

Fragile, yes. I think i am feeling that way because mostly setting at my desk for 14 hours a day. Lets call me semi-retired.
    Getting back from trips i have taken, COBDR, NMBDR, Nevada, just exploring NM and AZ (had a mining claim i worked there) - To Hell and Gone (advrider) i felt like a new man.

More being out of shape than anything. That's why i am running the NMBDR solo. Take it at my on pace so i can stop and go exploring on foot and get a bit more exercise in.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil View Post
    The closest thing I have to friends who ride are the occasional nod or wave from someone else on a bike as we pass each other going opposite directions. Can't really say I actually schedule rides or ride for events or anything, I just wander off for a bit or run errands.
    TAT, I didn't really want to run solo. COBDR ( had just gotten my bike after years off one), NMBDR another ride (hobbitrider) wanted to ride it, so just joined up with him.
    I have solo rides in AZ and NM, off the beaten trail.

There was one rider that we had set evey Tuesday to ride to find new dirt. These rides were then posted on another forum. That end when he came close to getting killed when a woman pulled out in front of him and stopped right in the middle of the road.
    In avoiding her, he wound up on pea gravel and went down. Not injured severely, but if he had have been he would have lost job (ATC) if out for more than a couple of weeks. He has a family to support.
    So he sold his bike and said never again.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

Texas is a big state or so I've been told. There has to be other Dub'ers around so perhaps put out a post and find them. Take it from me riding with folks with the same type of bike and age group is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    Texas is a big state or so I've been told. There has to be other Dub'ers around so perhaps put out a post and find them. Take it from me riding with folks with the same type of bike and age group is a lot of fun.
    It is a big state, 14 hours to go from end to the other. Shreveport to El Paso.
    I am at the far east end of that. 100 miles from Shreveport.
    Dell City is 11.5 hours from me.

Not many riders can just take off when they want to, not for any length of time.
    One TW rider here, just to the NW of me, he is not free to travel.

I feel my bike is not ready, that may be a big part of my feelings. well it is.
    I have everything done to it i need to do, except replace the wheel bearings.
    But i dont even feel like working it. 7 days left until i leave.
    Last edited by Nicoradv; 04-26-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    2002 DR650SE, 2001 TW200

Sounds like depression is creeping up on you, might want to see a doctor if it goes on for very long. Just a thought.
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

If riding itself is not enough exercise you can try standing up more and riding more challenging terrain. Since I did this my hip problems are gone and over all my health and balance has improved. If you constantly challenge your techniques your driving will improve making riding more enjoyable.

Normally I attribute your mood toward winter blaws or lack of vitamin D but being in Texas you should be doing okay there unless your trapped inside.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links