Close

Like Tree16Likes
  • 12 Post By Motoad
  • 2 Post By MikeS63301
  • 1 Post By Motoad
  • 1 Post By Motoad

Thread: The New Adventure.

The New Adventure.

As I might have mentioned, age and waking up with too much sand in my mouth had finally gotten me to admit I needed to join the RV crowd. At first it was all about buying the Promaster or Transit hightop and doing the whole build myself. Then with my buddy Mike throwing in the towel for a virtually new (2017) Adventurer 19 foot, and yappin in my ear about how everything is all done and ready to go I kowtowed and actually bought the same thing only a 2015 at 3 grand less.
    So I've got that, did the spring shakedown cruise and came back to decide to sell the townhome and become a trailer park boy. (A Canadian reference). Reason being that I could not see myself living the rest of my short years without the money tree shriveling up before I kackked. So, what it would do is allow me to reinvest and water the money tree.
    Now, after putting out feelers last fall it became known to me that there was virtually no 'product', the term used by the realtor's for houses, and a lot of people looking. This spring, it turns out, that had gotten even worse. So, I listed my place, a one bedroom fully high end renoed, for $260. On the opening day showing, two groups showed up at the same time and within 5 hours I had two bids at $265. My realtor thought it prudent to inform the first client of the second's offer of cash as opposed to her financed offer and she came back with $276. SOLD!.
    So, great, deal done, now what. First plan was to store my goods and take off in the RV. (Tdub cosily hung off the back). But shortly I happened upon a 2011 2 bed mfg home for 85 in a great little 55 plus park with only 315/ month pad fees in sunny Creston, not far from here. And 10 min to the border. I have now grabbed that and am in the process of packing up for a 15th move in. On top there's a moto shed and room to park the RV in the driveway. FINALLY! My Irish/Welsh ancestors (known for their pranks) have seen fit to guide me to all I need. Thanks, Ma! Thanks Da!
    So, this year's plan... Get settled in and early June turn the wheels north. Back to the Yukon and maybe all the way to Tuk. They have a road now. Alaska maybe but I will have along a couple of my friends, Mr. Henry and Mr. (Dominion Arms) Kodiak and that may present a problem touring any part of that fair State.
    I am fairly sure the next winter will be brought to me by the sunny land of Mexico. And will hope to catch you all again at one of those great moab meets.20180310_165521.jpg

This is the way we would be living if I could talk my wife into it. We are meant to live not in a home but out of a home.

ENJOY!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dryden-Tdub and Nicoradv like this.

Thanks for that. And altho I did consider the Nomad life, IE; everything in storage, no home, no base, I do shrink back to the need for something to call home. Gone are my days of the five bedroom acreage Rancher but there will always be 'no place like home'.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

To help you decide to go a bit beyond Yukon Territory, to Tuk
    Hiden Lake board walk July 31, 2014.jpg
    Seaton Lake, July 31, 2014.jpg

These Lakes are along Alaskan Highway 2, between Beaver, Yukon and Tuk, Alaska.
    2014 Honda CB1100
    2018 Yamaha XT250
    2016 Moto Guzzi V7 II
    2017 Yamaha TW200
    2012 Triumph Bonneville
    2002 H-D Sportster 1200 Sport
    2003 H-D Sportster 883
    1976 Honda CB750F
    1975 Honda CB360
    1970 Yamaha CT1
    1972 Yamaha CT2
    1972 Yamaha AT2/CT2
    1970 Honda SL350
    1970 Honda CL350
    1967 Honda CL160
    1967 Honda CB160
    1962 Honda CA110

Ha! Goin for a dip in that pond could get u carried off by one of them Northern Mozzies! Might have to put the Kodiak to use. Of course, I wasn't talking about Tok. I was talking about Tuk...toyaktuk.

im confused, you must mean hwy 1, beaver creek, yukon, to tok, AK

Ah, you Americans. you probably don't even know who the President of Canada is. (sorry, couldn't resist, now you are all Googling President of Canada). Again I'll say it. Tuk, not Tok. That is the Demster highway, north of Dawson, all the way to the Arctic. Tuktoyaktuk. Unless....your pullin my leg. Ya..your pullin my leg right?
    admiral likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoad View Post
    Ah, you Americans. you probably don't even know who the President of Canada is. (sorry, couldn't resist, now you are all Googling President of Canada). Again I'll say it. Tuk, not Tok. That is the Demster highway, north of Dawson, all the way to the Arctic. Tuktoyaktuk. Unless....your pullin my leg. Ya..your pullin my leg right?

I thought the Queen was your president? Am I wrong? She's not maybe the Prez of Canada or are you trying to get us on the Premier vs. President thing? I get it, the Queen is the Premier of Canada not President.

Of course I knew the difference between Tok and Tuk but not Tucks (hemorrhoid pads) and Tuk.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

The Queen is just....the Queen, God bless her heiney.
    admiral likes this.

Sponosred Links