Don't Eat So Much Animal Fat!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Don't Eat So Much Animal Fat!

Don't Eat So Much Animal Fat!

Well, folks... At age 64 I just had a Quintuple (5-way) heart bypass "event". Yep! All new plumbing! Fortunately, I never had a heart attack, and no heart muscle damage. I was a guy who ate fatty meat 3 times a day for a good 30 years. Fatty desserts, doughnuts and Oreo's with whole milk.
    Never again!.

I'll not disrespect the surgeons and the medical staff who saved my sorry [email protected], and also this second chance at a long life!

Its been 5 weeks and I'm already on a Mediterranian/pescatarian diet! I'm also riding my bike every other day at least a solid and brisk 5 miles.
    I was 260 when I went in and am at 230 lbs (6' tall) and need to get to 185-190.
    Don't make my mistake!
    Ken, Tweaker, Trail Woman and 10 others like this.

Ken
    I'm glad you got a second chance and that you're listening to the docs.

Read The China Study if you are not already familiar

Congrats on your wise decision I quit meat in 83 and never missed it

Oh and Hemp Hearts for protein and balanced Omegas not to mention all the other Hemp benefits sans the THC

the average meat eater has different 6 meals in their diet the average vegetarian has 75
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 05-16-2018 at 06:48 PM.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on catching it early no heart damage. I got one stent at 55 ( no damage) and I am fit and not over weight. I would add reduce eating sugar. Also keep your teeth and gums clean. I neglected my teeth for years. Now I have the best gum heath since My twenty’s. I think bad gums cause a lot of heart disease. The bacteria in your gums can cause inflammation leading to plaque and hardening of the arteries. Some saturated fats are ok according to recent research. Think real food and not processed. Olive oil not others and butter is ok even bacon but not too much preservatives in it. 11 years with clear arteries so far.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Olive oil (big in mediterranean diet) and more so coconut oil are very healthy. I've been hearing lately that fat being bad is misleading an incorrect. Some fats are good and cause no health risk or weight gain. Th Inuit and northern aboriginal peoples eat mostly moose meat and seal and claim to be very healthy. I think mindful moderation would be a better suggestion unless you've already compromised your health. At which case a purge of fats and processed sugars/complex carbs might be a good idea. For that matter eating anything processed should be avoided completely.

We all should take a more proactive approach to our diet and exercise. With all the conflicting data out there it's difficult to know whats best but what's most important is trying.

being I'm old and overweight, someone once told me that as humans we have no flesh tearing teeth so we were never meant to eat meat. I don't know if its true or not.?

A guy can go nuts trying to figure out what is good diet and what is not. But I'm convinced of regular exercise, proper weight, no/low sugar, (except in certain whole fruits/berries) healthy fats, a bit of mammal meat, lots of fish and veggies. And don't over eat at all.

And then again, I might be all wrong

I think its pretty easy to figure out. Look at a person and then look in their grocery cart.
    Ken, plumbstraight, Fred and 1 others like this.

I'm down to one bottle of Captain Morgan a week from my average 2. Can't really say my health has improved but I'm seeing a lot straighter. Now I have to go back and redo a few things I built...
    Last edited by olderthendirt; 05-17-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    Riding a TW is like riding a piece of freedom Hidden Content
    I don't want to go where the road takes me. I want to go where it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterb View Post
    I think its pretty easy to figure out. Look at a person and then look in their grocery cart.

Donzo, Ken, SanDue and 4 others like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links