mrgizmow's folly
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    A fellow I know was looking for a kayak for him and his Wife. I just happened to have one that I had not used in a couple of years. When I delivered it, he just happen to have something he never used and insisted I take it home. Seems to be in very 'good' shape but the rubber drive tracks are dried, hard, and cracked/broken (1975). Seems new they are only $120.00, but I have an idea that I can rebuild the originals. I have no intention of playing in cold snow. Lots of videos on You-Tube and a couple of parts suppliers. I know very little about the machines apart from what I have read online the last two evenings. My plan is to clean it up (more) and put it up for sale. It seems to break down nicely and is light enough to pick up off the ground (easily). Any interest, let me know via Personal Message only. Gerry

Take care my Friend.........

Gerry, Fix it up and of course "we" must take it to the snow and test it out......
    Mike Carter. Woodland, California (NorCal). '89 Tw200 (Black Widow Edition). Blood red Jimbo shield, Cycleracks, Nuvi 500 GPS, Kolpin fuel pack jr., D shield bark busters, 55t rear sprocket, Golden boy front tire, Ricochet shield.

jvt
    Just keep an eye on your back side if on a snowy road for Kamikaze gismow may be lurking near by.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Looks like alot of fun! If I lived near you I would definitely take that off your hands! Make sure you get at least one ride in before you let it go.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Never knew something that convenient was made.Are these still made?.I have no use for one here in SW Ohio,just curious.I remember seeing someone on another bike forum putting a ski thingy on the front of their bike in place of the front wheel for snow?.

That thing is cool. Does it use some sort of torsion spring to keep the "swingarm" level?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    If you don't want to play with that in the snow, why not try it out in the sand?

Russ, I think in general, the weight is biased towards the rear, keeping pressure on the tracks. The 'ski' that the cleats rotate around is a fairly robust cast resin unit with a bit of arc so once weight is applied to the seat, pressure is placed upon the rear 'ski' and tracks. The many You-Tube videos show the units moving along reasonably well but it seems, the snow needs to be rather wet and packed, not fluffy and deep. My hope is that this will be a short term project. My first thought was to modify to a tracked type of trail machine. When I saw that the unit intact seemed to have a following, it seemed silly to start pulling it apart. Gerry

Well, the snow unit is sold. Spent a little time ironing out a few bugs to make sure it started and ran ok. Put it on Craigs List around 11 pm Sunday night. Tuesday morning I had an e-mail from a fellow about 100 miles away that said he was interested in buying it so I called the number he provided. Seems he has been looking for one for a long time but did not want to pay for shipping. He sent a non-refundable via Pay Pal and will pick up this weekend. Here it took me two months to sell my very nice XR200 for $900. Now this goofy Sno Scooter goes in two days for $700. Go figure. Gerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links