Let's try to make sense of our current national debt
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    If you were to single stack our current debt in fresh new one dollar bills; it would be 1.1 million miles high.

Everybody is all worried about the fiscal cliff but nobody is looking at the problem.. Our leaders are like a spoiled kid with credit cards with no care about paying them. We are in some serious poo and these clowns just keep kicking the can down the street. They want to push more of their spreading the wealth "social justice bs" and give more to those who dont work. Its sad because for the most part people my age and younger have been brainwashed with this BS that they are entitiled to everything and of course they are victims. The biggest problem is that most of america is ignorant as to what is going on or dont care. All they care about is football, basketball, american idol and drinking a beer. They dont even realize the bailouts were the biggest theft of money in the history of the world and they dont even realize its

Coming out of their pockets and their kids pockets. The question is how long can we go before we collapse? Heard a joke the other day. "you know why Romney lost the election? Because he said he would put americans back to work and 51% of the people said f%#k that." i guess all we can do is to get involved and have some hope.

Get involved? Politics ain't gonna cut it anymore. It'll take a civil war to wrest back any sort of control. I think we're in way too deep to "talk" about fixing it. Our engine is a smoking heap of slag, and no one wants to push the bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Let's not... theres not enough time in the say to rant about the b.s. going on in washington. I'll leave it at that.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

What's going on in Washington is NOT bs; it's rape of our country.

Our debt in seconds instead of dollars would be half a million years.

Crawfordville. FL, (south of Tallahassee), on the beach
    I don't want to start an argument or participate in one, but just to set the record straight, the US government just sold it's last batch of AIG stock from the bailout and netted a profit of $22.7 billion on their initial bailout investment of AIG for $182 billion (about a 12 1/2 % profit), and they made about $25 billion on their bailout of GM. Nobody really lost any money and the overall economy improved and we were all saved from a bigger disaster. And who caused that whole problem? - the most wealthy individuals and large corporations, out of their own greed for more money.

The biggest problem is the inequality of wealth distribution in this country and the ease of buying legislators and not regulating the banking, mortgage, insurance, investment, and other predatory industries, and the assault on labor and unions to keep the common man down, and the absolute BS of lowering taxes on the rich and on corporations to create jobs and benefit the middle class. If you could clean up congress and get people who are serious about doing what's right for the country instead of just trying to get re-elected again, we would all be better off and there would be less need for "entitlements".

Quote Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
    I don't want to start an argument or participate in one, but just to set the record straight, the US government just sold it's last batch of AIG stock from the bailout and netted a profit of $22.7 billion on their initial bailout investment of AIG for $182 billion (about a 12 1/2 % profit), and they made about $25 billion on their bailout of GM. Nobody really lost any money and the overall economy improved and we were all saved from a bigger disaster. And who caused that whole problem? - the most wealthy individuals and large corporations, out of their own greed for more money.

The biggest problem is the inequality of wealth distribution in this country and the ease of buying legislators and not regulating the banking, mortgage, insurance, investment, and other predatory industries, and the assault on labor and unions to keep the common man down, and the absolute BS of lowering taxes on the rich and on corporations to create jobs and benefit the middle class. If you could clean up congress and get people who are serious about doing what's right for the country instead of just trying to get re-elected again, we would all be better off and there would be less need for "entitlements".

Preach it brother... right there with you.

However, I don;t wanna screw this site up with politics, religion, 2nd amendment, etc...

Once you go down that road...

Well stated and reflects my feelings.

This country was founded on religious and personal freedom. But it grew to be the greatest and wealthiest nation on earth because of greed. That and the abundant blessings of GOD. No where in our Bible or our great Constitution is the phrase "inequality of wealth distribution" mentioned. I think that is probably found in the writings of Karl Marx.

One trillion one dollar bills stretched end to end would very nearly reach the Sun.

When our "elected officials" worry more about getting the job done they were hired to do and less about who gets the credit, who gets the blame, and if they will get re-elected, they will be able to focus on fixing these problems. None of us would last very long at our jobs if we performed like these clowns. I'm sick to death of the partisan bickering. As the saying goes - "Git 'er Done!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links