Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

Ouch!
    2013 Yamaha TW200

1996 Yamaha TW200

1995 Kawasaki KLR650

2002 Yamaha RoadStar 1600 with sidecar

im guessing this lady had a very negative impact on her kids, wow.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

It takes far too much energy to hold onto hate for as long as those kids have.........

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post
    It takes far too much energy to hold onto hate for as long as those kids have.........

Tom
    That is 100% true and i personally don't understand why people do it.

My sister is a good example of that. My mom lets just say would not have won and "Mom of the Year" awards when we were kids and less so when we were teens and adults. My sister just cant let it go. My mother has Alzheimer's and up until her move to assisted living she lived with me as her only care giver. My sister could not and still cant get over whatever it is she holds onto to help out for even a second. The irony is she acts a lot like my mother would have in this type of situation.

I personally had given up on that crap years ago and just took my mom for what she was, she was tough, real tough but maybe it was not without purpose. She and my dad managed to raise two kids that have are independent successful adults that have tireless work ethics and great careers and have never taken a handout ever and never will.

These days my mom lives in assisted living and my sister manages to get over there twice a year on hollidays and that is with me guilting her into it. I go over all the time, these days my mom is fun to be around and all she wants to do is laugh and have fun conversation although the conversations don't make sense and she sometimes thinks i'm her brother. She does always remember my dog tho and i always bring her along when i go over since the dog just brings her great joy. I think someday my sister will regret not spending any time with her now, she could really build some nice positive memories.
    buellzebub likes this.
    Pair of 2006 TW's modded to the hilt and a Ducati Multistrada.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post

My sister is a good example of that. My mom lets just say would not have won and "Mom of the Year" awards when we were kids and less so when we were teens and adults. My sister just cant let it go. My mother has Alzheimer's and up until her move to assisted living she lived with me as her only care giver. My sister could not and still cant get over whatever it is she holds onto to help out for even a second. The irony is she acts a lot like my mother would have in this type of situation.

I personally had given up on that crap years ago and just took my mom for what she was, she was tough, real tough but maybe it was not without purpose. She and my dad managed to raise two kids that have are independent successful adults that have tireless work ethics and great careers and have never taken a handout ever and never will.

These days my mom lives in assisted living and my sister manages to get over there twice a year on hollidays and that is with me guilting her into it. I go over all the time, these days my mom is fun to be around and all she wants to do is laugh and have fun conversation although the conversations don't make sense and she sometimes thinks i'm her brother. She does always remember my dog tho and i always bring her along when i go over since the dog just brings her great joy. I think someday my sister will regret not spending any time with her now, she could really build some nice positive memories.
    Thank you for this post. It exemplifies how we should all treat one another. We have all been hurt and we have all hurt others. The secret to life is never ending forgiveness. That is not to say that we forget injustices done to us by others. Rather we learn from them and protect ourselves going forward. Giving people second chances allows them the opportunity to surprise us and even helps restore our belief in one another. Good can be found everywhere if we look carefully enough.

Tom
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

wow....just like my birth mother!
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Quote Originally Posted by jb882 View Post

I would really like to hit the Like button here....
    1991 TW200

Families are just so much fun! I get told all the time that I hold onto a grudge where family is concerned and I have to laugh. Long ago the family got into some sort of a war that had nothing to do with me and I refused to have anything to do with taking sides with any of it. I just said let me know when you all work things out. They never really have and actually still all hate each other yet they do associate for various holidays that always turns into new battles. I don't go. So they all think I hold a grudge. Fact is I want nothing to do with fighting and arguing among the people we are supposed to love. The few times we did attend some family function the minute the vindictiveness broke out we said our good byes and left. They do in fact tolerate each other but in their hearts they all have deep seated hatred for one another. We get along with all of them just fine separately but not when they are together. My family is like the Hatfield's and McCoy's but add in a few more families who simply will never forgive or forget what ever happened in the past that started these feuds. No grudges here and we just chose to not be involved in such trivial but hateful garbage. The two easiest words in the English language are "I'm Sorry" because more often than not it is meaningless.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Christ himself doesn't forgive without repentance. I may turn the other cheek, but someone needs to honestly be sorry for what wrong they've done to be forgiven. Just like GaryL said, The two easiest words in the English language are "I'm Sorry" because more often than not it is meaningless. Forgiveness is just as meaningless without sincere contriteness.

I don't hang on to hate. I wait patiently for the person to seek forgiveness. And in the meantime, I will live my life without fear they can hurt me again by distancing myself from them.
    The bear slayer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links