smoke!!
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: smoke!!

smoke!!

who, in the western U.S.A. has clean air today. i mean no smoke. it is so bad here today, that it looks like winter outside. it's 9:30 am and it's still dark out and smells like someone pissed on the campfire. we are headed down south tomorrow on holidays and was hoping for some clean air and blue sky. is there any, anywhere?
    Last edited by grewen; 08-12-2018 at 02:57 PM.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Worst in Southern Idaho that it has been all summer....and the closest fire is 7 or so miles away..

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Not too bad right now just west of Mt. Hood in Oregon. But I know there is a new fire near Mosier so if the winds change the air quality could. Last year it was terrible around here.
    They have been keeping track of things and putting up smoke maps from time to time here: https://advrider.com/index.php?threa...eason.1328272/
    2017 TW200 "Lagann"
    Cycle Racks Rack, Clarke XT350 4 gal tank, Rox 2" bar risers, 12v power port, Ram GPS mount, Coleman seat cover, Wolfman tank bag, HF "Pelican" style case attached to rack, LED headlight bulb, LED spot lights on the forks wired to the high beams, lots of mud caked on.
    Future mods: Ricochet skidplate, ATV tire for snow next winter, maybe a ManRacks front rack over the headlight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

May you have clear air on your travels. Smoke in western Nevada a bit better this morning than last night when stars and Preside meteors were faint imaginations.
    Wind direction more than any extinguished blazes will affect visibility as these fires are expected to smolder for weeks if not months to come.

Getting anywhere near Reno? Want to ride Sierra Buttes with us?
    We're heading for the lookout for the view, just a few stairs to climb, something like 260.stairs.jpg
    We'll camp in the lowlands in far distance and ride the ridges and visit a couple of fire lookouts and a handful of alpine lakes.SB lookout.jpgHopefully thes moke won't be so thick we won't trip over any big gold nuggets.sign.jpg
    Mel, wersonst, buellzebub and 7 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Northeast Nevada touches southern Idaho, so, same report here. Smokey nasty pissed out campfire smell here too. Clearer in the morning, but as the day progresses it gets worse. I'm six miles from the base of the Ruby Mtns. and I can't see them.

thanks for the invite Fred. you never know where we will end up. if Reno is the only place without smoke, then we will be there. a few years ago the rains chased us from the north end of the Grand Canyon all the way to Beatty,( cool town)710.jpg north of Las Vegas. last year the tow truck took me to Fallon for the week end, so you never know where we end up going. the picture i posted reminds me of visting the Admirals's home281.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by grewen; 08-12-2018 at 01:58 PM.
    Dryden-Tdub and SanDue like this.
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

I just got back from a 50 mile ride along the eastern base of the Rubies. Today it didn't get worse, it actually improved. The smell was hardly noticeable, or I've somehow become immune to it, and when I got home I could see the mountains. Maybe it heard you were travelling south and is starting to clear up just for your holiday. And if that's the case, next summer holiday all season so we might have a wildfire free summer. Wouldn't that be a miracle.
    I know a family from Beatty, they are BeATty $#!+ crazy.
    Good journey Sir.
    grewen, Fred and SanDue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NVcowboy View Post
    I just got back from a 50 mile ride along the eastern base of the Rubies. Today it didn't get worse, it actually improved. The smell was hardly noticeable, or I've somehow become immune to it, and when I got home I could see the mountains. Maybe it heard you were travelling south and is starting to clear up just for your holiday. And if that's the case, next summer holiday all season so we might have a wildfire free summer. Wouldn't that be a miracle.
    I know a family from Beatty, they are BeATty $#!+ crazy.
    Good journey Sir.
    good to hear. wouldn't it be nice to have a summer with no smoke, i guess when all the trees and grass are burnt, we will. fires are getting worse every summer up here. i can't believe the people in Beatty are any crazier than the folks around here. one place out that way that i would like to spend a couple of days at, is Goldfield, now that place has character
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

When the wind blows in off the ocean it is really beautiful! Clear blue skies, cool temps, and can see forever. Other days there is a grayish haze in the sky and daytime temps are on the extra warm side.
    Fred and SanDue like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Sorry about all the smoke around the country. You should have seen ground zero. It is not to bad today.
    SanDue likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links