• 1 Post By Donzo
  • 1 Post By Darth
  • 2 Post By Wickedcoolname
  • 2 Post By RaZed1

Thread: Sea Foam video!

Sea Foam video!

Worth watching weather a fan or not!

GaryL

admiral, Elvesus, Tweaker and 4 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I'm a believer. I put it in the gas of all my vehicles 3 or more times a year (1oz per gallon).
    Darth likes this.

Big fan of Sea Foam..and StaBil.
    I'm going to try the injector cleaner & oil-sludge cutter in my 60,000+ miles V8 Tundra. I already dose it with SF in the gas every third tank, to remove any trapped condensation water drops.
    My TW, MGA, and all gas fueled yard equipment are now 100% E/0 gas.
    Sunoco recently put a no-attendant station near me...E/0 91 oct. gas & 110 octane race gas. They are mid-way between a drag strip and a dirt roundy-round "stock" car track that are 5 miles apart.
    A visit to that little station is often a rolling car/bike show. With either my TW or MGA red roadster right in amongst 'em!
    There was a late model Vette in there filling up the other day. It was so "cammed up" it would hardly idle and it was loud.
    Donzo likes this.
    "Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."
    - Hunter S. Thompson

“It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I mix a bit of Stabil with premium gas and run it in all of my small engines. Motorcycles, lawn mowers, snowblowers, etc. And since I started doing it I haven't had a single carburetor problem. Good enough for me.
    Donzo and Xracer like this.

Should have got some carb cleaner and shot it their and tried to clean the inside of that throttle body. It was nasty lol...... I use carb cleaner and a old tooth brush for that type of things. That Ranger looks like its been abused for sure.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

Always liked seafoam to "flush" older engines of unknown history, add a few oz to the oil, give it an Italian tune up (ride the snot out of it), then change. Oil usually comes out super dark and cruddy. It's also good at clearing up minor hiccups with carb'ed engines, like if there's a little hesitation or flat spot or something, it can avoid having to do a carb rebuild, but if there's severe issues it's not going to work a miracle.

Damn stuff has gotten expensive in the last few years from all it's internet "fame". It used to be like $4-$5 a can, now it's more like $10 most places. Wally world is the cheapest I've seen it for $8. There's all sorts of knock-offs now that all use very similar looking cans. I've used the Gumout version and it seemed to work just as well, but it's half the price.

The little 50cc Vino gets Sta-bil (just the original red stuff, not any of the specialty versions they have now) at every fill up. It's new enough to be 4 stroke, but not new enough to have EFI. The carb'ed 4 stroke 50's are notorious for running problems after even brief lay-ups. The jets are just hilariously tiny. It's the runabout scooter at the parents cabin, so it sits for weeks/months at a time without being run and in 7 years, never once had so much as a hiccup from it, and it's always full of e10 gas too so definitely believe in the merit to Sta bil.

For comparison, the neighbors have a vino 125 (after I bought my mom the Vino they thought it was the coolest thing ever and had to get their own). I advised them to also use sta-bil, but they forget roughly 100% of the time. I think I've cleaned the carb out twice in the past few years, and it never seems to run right. I'll give it a heavy dose of seafoam in the gas (which usually helps) when I'm around but half the time it's parked because it won't start or run properly. So the sta-bil definitely works.

For my TW and Valkyrie, I use them often enough I don't bother with additives. There isn't much of an "off season" for riding in Texas.
    Donzo and Xracer like this.

Sponosred Links