Hip replacement
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Hip replacement

Smile Hip replacement

My wife had her hip joint replaced a few weeks ago. Im blown away how this major surgery was so uninvasive. 9am they sent her into surgery. 5pm she can put weight on it. 3 weeks later we are getting into arguments because im telling her to rest and stop cleaning the house.
    If you ever are a candidate for hip replacement you want the Anterior method

She go OEM or aftermarket?

Glad she's doing well!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"I thought the slowest bike i have ever owned was going to kill me." - Hidden Content

The John Birch Society is too Liberal.

^ +1
    Right you are Maxpower.
    I had anterior procedure done last Thanksgiving and two months later was riding for the lunar eclipse on a solo desert camping trip.
    My recovery was much quicker than folks I know who did the posterior approach which entails the cutting, rather than spreading, of muscle groups.
    If considering the surgery fear not. Taking a steroid injection instead only forestalls the inevitable and postpones surgery by three months. My steroid injection worked for a week then pain returned and plagued me the next months for several group and solo rides where I moaned a lot.
    lbxr, TopPredator and Tweaker like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Hell that is a quick recovery. Do they offer that method for knee replacements as well, because the VA owes me one.
    Surgery and medicine sure have come a long way. My pops, Rex, had a kind of stroke a couple years ago. Back in the day they would have taken an auger and drilled a hole in his head and hit him with a hammer. He went in on a Saturday morning and walked out Sunday afternoon, The VA in PHX took pics of his head, found blood clots, old and new, drilled a tiny hole, got in there with a tube and poker and yarded all that shit outta there. He now remembers things he forgot 30 years ago. And his other minor ailments went away. He'll be 88 on Halloween and is just getting started. Amazing.

Recovery from knee replacement surgery unfortunately is not so quick,easy nor pain free as several here can attest to. Supposedly hips are a breeze by comparison. Best wishes NVcowboy.
    plumbstraight likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Recovery from knee replacement surgery unfortunately is not so quick,easy nor pain free as several here can attest to. Supposedly hips are a breeze by comparison. Best wishes NVcowboy.
    Sitting here sharing this with my gal as she has had both. Hip is nothing compared to knee. She has some spare parts put in, but everything functions like new!!

If and when it needs to be done I want mine with zerk fittings. I think my Moms would have lasted longer if there had been a way to give it a few shots of Bel-Ray.
    Fred likes this.

Yeah that seems to be all I hear about knees. New ones are more trouble than the bad ones. Just trying to get a step back on my hockey game. Getting fed up with these little shitz skating circles around me. I used to be that kid. I guess the switch to coaching is closer than I thought.

I can only speak from observation. My wife is petite, has light build with a BMI of maybe a -1. She is asked all the time how much time she spends in the gym by her vascular arms and legs. (She wouldn't know what a set of curls was unless it was in a hair dressers chair) But she came through the hip surgery like a champ
    My douche Brother in Law had both knees replaced at the same time. While he lacks intestinal fortitude, he is back racing mx again. His life is exponentially better and had zero regrets.
    To me, if you need it done,my thinking is to have it done while time is on your side. This way you can get back to having fun and making the most out of life while you can
    Last edited by Maxpower; 10-12-2018 at 06:50 AM.
    87 TW

^+1
    Do the surguries, the sooner the better.
    Why wait and suffer when you could be instead recovering your quality of life and moving onward?
    plumbstraight likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links