†††† ††††
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By TopPredator
  • 1 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By Gulfrider
  • 2 Post By bad luck

Thread: BassPro Shop Has Ruined Cabelas

BassPro Shop Has Ruined Cabelas

Every year and about this time of year we make a trip to Cabelas in Hamburg PA. When I first walked in I noticed the inventory was low and it was low all throughout the store. The Cabela family knew what to stock when it came to the outdoors. Donít get me wrong there is still a lot of inventory but now they mainly stock ReadHead, North Face and Columbia where as the Cabela family really had some kickass cloths and gear.
    It use to be that it was hard to walk around in the store for the people but I bet there werenít half as many people in the store today. The bargain cave is gone and so is the great salid bar.
    I was talking to an employee in the gun department and they donít get discounts on guns and ammo and anymore and BassPro ended commission on the guns he sells. All the guns have trigger locks so you canít work the action. No more 5% discounts for veterans.
    I donít think I will ever be as excited as I use to be to visit Cabelas again.
    Mel and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    If Iím ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

The Gander Mountain store here closed down 2 years ago and we do not have any big sporting goods stores here within at least 50 miles. I hated Gander anyway because their prices were above average and they have no respect for veterans. Walmart and the small gun shops are my only choices here for ammo and if I want any fishing tackle or clothing I have to go on line and hope the size is correct. We were visiting family up near Rochester last weekend and they have a big sports store in Brockport called Runnins. It had just about anything I could possibly need but again the prices were well above average. Living in NY it will soon be near impossible to buy ammo or guns if Cuomo gets reelected. He has plans in the works for the S.A.F.E. Act #2 to go into effect shortly after the election. This is sure to make gun ownership for law abiding citizens highly restrictive and way more so than the original Safe Act. Similar plans are in the works for PA if they elect their democrat governor. These midterm elections will prove to be a disaster for all freedom loving sportsman.

GaryL
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

One thing Cabelas did have is well stocked shelves of ammo. Buckets of 22s on sale for $69. Although Remington is my least favorite round.

0820802E-0D64-4106-9FCC-0F39A7E7059B.png
    If Iím ever on LIFE SUPPORT, UNPLUG ME. Then plug me back in... See if that works. Hidden Content

TW 2006 Ruth
    TW 1988 Black Widow.
    1994 Harley FXR

Rick

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Never been to a Cabelas, down in the south we have Dick's(no fn way) and Basspro. Guess were I shop. I like Basspro for their fishing supplies which being close to the gulf is a big seller.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    2005 TW200
    2007 Sportster 1200

We do have a good outdoor store here, but no firearms there, there is one gun shop and a pawn shop in town.
    But until the pawn shop opened I bought my ammo online, it's so much cheaper and almost anything you could want.
    Now that the pawn shop is open I'll buy most of my guns and ammo through them though, since I like to support local business.
    Dryden-Tdub and buellzebub like this.

Sponosred Links