Close

Like Tree21Likes
  • 11 Post By NVcowboy
  • 6 Post By GaryL
  • 1 Post By plumbstraight
  • 3 Post By Purple

Thread: Cancer Strikes Again

Cancer Strikes Again

As a life long Seahawks fan, it saddens us to mourn the death and celebrate the life of team owner and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen. In 1996 he bought the Seahawks and saved them from relocation. He also brought us 3 Super Bowl appearances and 1 Championship. It just goes to show, once again, that cancer is an indiscriminate bitch. Even a man who had his own space program couldn't buy his way out of it.
    My wife's good friend in Vegas has also just been placed in home hospice care from intestinal cancer. She is 32. We were told to start making arrangements.
    To all who have beaten this terrible disease, I salute you for your fight and courage. To those suffering or lost, my prayers.
    sub251, buellzebub, Mel and 8 others like this.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

The difference between life and death is just a heartbeat away. You can lead and live the cleanest and most health conscientious life imaginable and live to an old age or die very young. The most important word in that last sentence is "Live". Enjoy your life with all the ills and always keep in mind that most of us don't harp on or regret the things we did but we do tend to regret the things we didn't do. A "Lifetime Guaranty" is only limited by your life time that has no guaranty. Just go have fun and try not to accelerate your demise doing stupid crap.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

My best friend in VN has come down with cancer. It started in a kidney and went to a lung. They took a kidney and the lung issue has dimenished. Just last week he was having some balance issues and they found a tumor in the brain. Friday he went throught 11hrs of surgery. I just got the message that he is going home today. He has lived a clean life, kept his weight in check and is an upstanding man. Cancer has no bounderies.

We were in one of the most heavily sprayed area with agent orange in VN. I have kidney damage also. I wonder about that, but hope for the best.
    Purple likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    My best friend in VN has come down with cancer. It started in a kidney and went to a lung. They took a kidney and the lung issue has dimenished. Just last week he was having some balance issues and they found a tumor in the brain. Friday he went throught 11hrs of surgery. I just got the message that he is going home today. He has lived a clean life, kept his weight in check and is an upstanding man. Cancer has no bounderies.

We were in one of the most heavily sprayed area with agent orange in VN. I have kidney damage also. I wonder about that, but hope for the best.
    During VN I hauled more agent orange than I can count. 4 55 gallon drums per pallet slung under my H-47 chopper and lifted from the base tarmac to the decks of ships in port and I never once smelled or came in contact with the stuff except for the occasional slow leak barrels while moving them around with big fork lifts. We never even knew back then just how nasty this stuff was for those in country where it was sprayed to defoliate the jungle. My brother in law suffers severely from the effects of this garbage and has for a long time. Only now and only since the VA has been beaten into submission is he finally getting any help with all his skin condition issues but so far no cancers detected. I have been lucky so far with this stuff and worked for years surrounded by Asbestos plus I have used Round Up weed killer every year for as many years as I can remember. As kids in school we played with liquid Mercury in the palms of our hands while in science class and it was real cool to rub it on a copper penny and turn it silver. Today Mercury is classified as a class 1 cancer agent and just about outlawed everywhere.
    How scary is it when you see the commercials for all these latest and greatest new drugs and then listen to the side effects they could and do cause. I have to revert back to my above post and just say go live your life because who knows now what nasty stuff is in the water we drink, air we breath and the food we eat. Do the scientist really know what causes cancers and why is it some people can smoke all their lives and never get it but others who never smoked do? Life is a crap shoot any way we cut it and there are toxic chemicals all around us every day. I grew up in my early days in a home heated by coal. We had a chute from outside into the basement the coal guy would deliver through and me and my brother had to do the shoveling and carrying buckets every day plus take the ashes out every morning. I am still burning coal today and still shoveling, carrying and dumping ashes 60 years later. We even ate a little dirt and a few worms and drank from the garden hose all the time back then and we are still here. I used to love the smell of air plane model glue back in the 50s & 60s but who knew? We were all a bunch of little jerk offs back then and to the best of my knowledge none of us ever did go blind. Don't worry and just go live.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Know what you mean about mercury, it was fun stuff in schools – as where the asbestos mats under the Bunsen burners

I’ve taken so many risks in my life, some knowingly, some not so, but when you never expect to make it to 40, you can only live for each day – now I’m over 60, I question my “planning strategy”

Except that I never had one …….

We all face death in the end, and despite some “trepidation” (in my case), the one thing that keeps me going, is looking back and grinning at the way I have lived it so far. Some things I’m proud of, some things “not so much”, but at the end of the day (literally), I’ll shuffle off this mortal coil still grinning, knowing that I couldn’t have lived my life any other way. My beliefs have “matured” over the years, yet the experiences of a 20 year old cannot easily be transferred onto my 60 year old mind - we are what we what we were at the time

At the end of the day, I’ve lived life to the full – and it ‘aint over yet

We can all go at any time, and for no other reason that it is “time” – rejoice that we have lived at all …….
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Sponosred Links