• 1 Post By joeband
  • 2 Post By Chip
  • 2 Post By Fred
  • 1 Post By Darth
  • 1 Post By liepa

Thread: Fjällräven Polar 2019

Exclamation Fjällräven Polar 2019

Hello All!

I want to participate in Fjällräven Polar 2019 - it is an international polar expedition behind the Arctic Circle.

Fjällräven Polar is a 300 km winter adventure north of the Arctic Circle. It offers a unique opportunity for those of you who have not spent much time outdoors during the winter to go on the adventure of your life. There is a chance to navigate a dog sled on your own in what appears to be inhospitable wilderness — across barren tundra and frozen lakes and through mountain forests weighted with snow. I will spend nights in a tent or under the open sky, perhaps accompanied by the northern lights. The journey starts at the edge of the Norwegian fjords in Signaldalen and finishes at Jukkasjärvi area in Swedish Lapland.

You can help me to participate in this journey of a lifetime

The only thing what you need to do - please vote for my profile in link below
    https://polar.fjallraven.com/contest...ar&country=135

Also I will appreciate if you will share this link with your friends in Facebook

Be the one who will help me to reach my dream

best regards,
    Liepa

sounds like a great adventure! i tried to vote, but i don't have facebook.

best of luck and post photos when you're done.
    liepa likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Living in WI and having winter 6 months out of the year it doesn't sound like fun to me. You could always come over and sleep in the snow bank if you want. Maybe cut firewood, shovel the driveway and walks. Even start the car at 10-20 below in the morning and deal with it when it doesn't. Sure you can even get up at 1AM and take the dogs out and carry them back inside when their feet freeze. No charge.
    liepa and TW-Brian like this.
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Good luck! I would vote for you but it entails having me sign up for spam e-mails. No thanks.
    Darth and liepa like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Good luck! I would vote for you but it entails having me sign up for spam e-mails. No thanks.
    Same here...there is always a catch!
    liepa likes this.
    “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

Humans: simultaneously capable of such genius and such douchebaggery!

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Living in WI and having winter 6 months out of the year it doesn't sound like fun to me. You could always come over and sleep in the snow bank if you want. Maybe cut firewood, shovel the driveway and walks. Even start the car at 10-20 below in the morning and deal with it when it doesn't. Sure you can even get up at 1AM and take the dogs out and carry them back inside when their feet freeze. No charge.
    Chip,

I know how it is when the temperature outside is -40'C, I live in Latvia (it is a small country in the middle of nowhere) and winters here are quite cold as well.
    But that is not the case - the most important point in this story is the adventure

Fred likes this.

Sounds like how we kids in The Great White North went to school each day when I was young!!! Just kidding....😉

Been above the treeline, slept in tents at -40c, and have travelled by dogsled and kamatik. Although not fun at the time, it was an amazing experience and would not trade it for anything. You will have the time of your life. You haven't lived until you've had "snot-cicles" if you have a moustache!!

-5c and snowing here now, expecting 20-25cm by the time it's all over. The bike is looking forelone under its cover in the parking lot.
    2014 TW. UBIQUE!

Afraid I agree with Chip on this one. After freezing my marbles off for 7 months, an arctic adventure is the furthest thing on my mind. However I wish you good luck and good journey. May your adventure bring you much happiness. I ride in the snow here, but there is a fireplace inside waiting for me. Other than that my winter sports consist of coaching kids hockey and watching Vegas and Philly in some good ol' NHL action.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

Sponosred Links