Good deal or BS scam? Cummins 4x4 $4,500
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Good deal or BS scam? Cummins 4x4 $4,500

Question Good deal or BS scam? Cummins 4x4 $4,500

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/...753307023.html

Just window shopping Craigslist a little. This seems pretty under-priced; these tend to go for a lot more. It must have all kinds of issues or an out of state title or something.
    Last edited by kj7687; 11-19-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

maybe a v6 is a lot less?
    the plate doesn't look like a california plate
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I would go look it over and bring cash and a well armed friend to wait in your vehicle while you dicker. Over here in NY that truck would be a rust bucket from the salt, sand and calcium they use on the winter roads.

GaryL
    Purple likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Ken
    I seem to find scammers everywhere. If you can contact them, the vehicle is local and everything is in their name, go for it. I have contacted people and it's in another state now or they want money orders up front. I even found one listed locally and I wanted to go by and take a look. The seller was willing to ship it after payment but not willing to let me see it, no way.

All this connectivity sure adds to the difficulty. Lots of scams hidden amoungst treasures. Ive actually had difficulty selling great deals as everyone thought it was a scam. Raised the price and the unit moved........
    Like the previous post, if really local then its worth a shot, if its what you want. Those Dodge diesels pretty much fall apart from vibration and poor quality interiors. The motors will run much longer than the chassis and transmission (which will self destruct around 150,000miles)
    I was a big diesel person most my life, but anymore i advise against unless your crazy enough to run WVO. Manufacturers went the wrong way IMHO making super power diesels rather than super efficient diesels. Flip side being the Dodge?Cummings have lots of good press so if you could score a deal you might be able to flip it and break even on your investment.
    Tonto
    ToolmanJohn likes this.
    Tonto on the "Left Coast"
    1987 TW200 (2) 2015 BMW F700GS
    More Wagging and less Barking
    "Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think"
    Make Love not War

Quote Originally Posted by arbolmano View Post
    All this connectivity sure adds to the difficulty. Lots of scams hidden amongst treasures. I've actually had difficulty selling great deals as everyone thought it was a scam. Raised the price and the unit moved.....
    Tonto
    Yes. That's something I have experienced as well, just a month ago. Trying to sell a hard shell bicycle case for YEARS on Craigslist at HALF new cost (mine was pristine used for one trip). It took over TWO years to sell. I had to raise the price, to get a response, and got "dickered down" to what I was originally asking.. I guess timing is everything too, not many people looking for used bike cases.
    Smitty Blackstone likes this.
    2017 Beta Xtrainer 300 - Suspension modified for height
    2013 Yamaha TW200 (Sold but not forgotten, possibly in the future when space permits)
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R (sold) Fun for a year, then mega garage DUST collector
    1985 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk (sold) FUN - but became a dust collector
    1984 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk (sold) Primary transportation for almost 5 years
    Various other 2 wheel rolling junk not worthy of mention....

Senior Member Smitty Blackstone's Avatar
    Haven't looked at the listing.
    If the seller wants to use Western Union, it is almost definitely a scam.
    Was just reading about this on ADV today.
    Fred likes this.

Deals are out there you have to look. Just scored a 98 Jeep Wrangler 83000 miles 6 cylinder with auto trans and a Meyers snow plow, new tires for only $2500. Was only on CL for 24 minutes. before I went and got it. Had to haul it home a brake line was leaking and it needs a front axle u joint. Which I have for a whole 28 bucks. Runs great and plow works perfect.

Owner got a ridiculous quote to tow it in and fix it. So he dumped it.
    2017 XR650l
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

I have found some fabulous deals on CL and also some real scam artists searching for suckers. I think it is all a matter of using your head at any time you allow your green money to leave your hands. Too good to be true most often is too good to be true and good CL users see theses ads from miles away and all you need to do is up at the top click on the Prohibited link which totally erases that scam ad. I have a guy/gal here who always advertises in the Sporting section selling super nice golf carts. The ads read 2014 Yamaha golf cart with fancy wheels, lift kits and all sorts of accessories with new batteries for $1012. Imagine that? If you respond to his/her ad you get a response in minutes about how it will be delivered to your door in under 7 days and some way to pay for it through some BS Ebay pay scheme after it arrives. You have to be an idiot to even think any cart will ever get delivered or that any cash will not go from you to them until after the cart is delivered. This same scheme goes on with Pontoon boats all summer long and I see them and click prohibited and dump them right off the CL site. Make these scumbags waste their time posting and in just one click you and I can erase their entire BS ad.
    A CL rep actually contacted me asking why I thought these ads were prohibited and why I was reporting them. Had a nice conversation with the guy and just told him to respond to the next one that gets posted and I won't click it out. I got a call from him the following day thanking me for being a trusted CL user. Guess when he responded he got the typical BS scheme about how it would be delivered to his door by a shipping company and he will have 7 days to pay through Ebay pay which does not exist in any legitimate form. The same goes for when you are the seller. You get the email saying he will pay the full price sight unseen and send his shipper to pick it up with a certified bank check from the bank of "You're an asshole".
    I do a lot of buying and selling on CL and when anyone comes to my home they get only as far as my garage. Right behind the garage door to my house is my wife or a buddy with a 12 gauge ready to do some work in the event of a robbery. Cash is king and that is the one and only way to do business on CL.

GaryL
    kj7687 and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I guess this post was a little random. Just to clarify, I wasn't actually looking to buy (just recently bought a great GM truck). Thanks for the interesting responses!
    Ken likes this.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links