My son got all choked up over this...
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: My son got all choked up over this...

My son got all choked up over this...

Third week of Basic...Leaving the CS gas training....Red faced one in the middle...

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Lol I can see why.
    littletommy likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Ohhh, that can be a miserable experience. When I was finishing up my training at Treasure Island, San Fran, my orders got lost and I had to wait 2 months until I got assigned to my ship. Meanwhile they had to give me a job somewhere, so they just happened to put me in charge of CS training for Officers. As a fresh young E2 sailor, I thoroughly enjoyed running them threw that...
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I remember doing that.

I had a cold when we went to the "gas chamber," and I started coughing when we were in there (I'd been coughing all week).

Suddenly, I had a Captain, a First Lieutenant, and a Corpsman all in my face, screaming at me (through their gas masks) to calm down, and that everything was going to be fine!

Of course, everything was fine with me... I just had a cold!

I'm not sure they totally believed me, but eventually they backed off, and I stuck it out with everyone else.

All in all, CS gas didn't affect me as much as it did some of the other recruits... but it was still the sh*ts!
    Now I must hurry on... for there they go, and I am their leader!

By the way, congratulations to your son... he's beginning quite an adventure!
    Now I must hurry on... for there they go, and I am their leader!

I Thank him for his service!

In 1961, Fort Ord, CA, they dosed us the with tear gas & weak chlorine.
    Don't remember which was worse...I suspect the chlorine!
    “It’s more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow”.

"The less horsepower a motorcycle has, the more it can teach you.” - Ben Bostrom

And though a mountain may rise up and smack the livin' shit outta me,
    and wad up my bike somethin' awful...
    Still, I rise!
    (With apologies to Maya Angelou)

Humans: simultaneously capable of such genius and such douchebaggery!

"Give a Damn"
    - C. M. Howe, Jr.

Hidden Content

I was the Advanced Weapons and Chemical Agents Instructor for my department. CS (Tear Gas) sucks but you get over it pretty easy. Snotty nose, burning eyes and lips and a lot of coughing. CN gas is the nasty stuff you want no part of and we never exposed recruits to it. I don't think they even use the stuff any more because the clean up and decontamination process is just too severe. To give you an idea of how bad that stuff is. I am retired now for over 18 years and all of my work related stuff has been stored in a plastic action packer on a shelf down stairs and it included my gloves from gas training on the range. I went looking for something just last week and opened that box after 18 years and gassed myself all over again. I had to toss the gloves out and all the other cloth materials in my box.

Tell your son I thank him for serving and the next time he might get gassed is when some dummy deploys the stuff without taking into consideration the way the winds are blowing. Happens all the time when they shoot off a few grenade canisters into a crowd and the wind blows it right back in your face. If you happen to have a beard then the gas mask is about as effective as a screen door in a submarine.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by Flathats View Post
    Third week of Basic...Leaving the CS gas training....Red faced one in the middle...

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
    As you can see from all the other replies, one does not forget the "gas chamber experience". You son has joined that group.

Only in these last few years have I forgot every word which I was to recite when I was asked to remove my gas mask. Basically, I just forgot the order in which I was to recite them as I can remember everything I was asked to say. I didn't make it before I started choking.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

When I was about 17 my father came home from work and tossed me an empty shell casing and said take a wiff of this.They were training with CS that day..I sure found out why they call it tear gas.I expected a gun powder smell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links