SO CONFUSED! Do not participate if you are sensitive!
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: SO CONFUSED! Do not participate if you are sensitive!

SO CONFUSED! Do not participate if you are sensitive!

So I have been watching ESPN today and just can't escape the narrative that Kareem Hunt is a terrible human being for pushing then kicking a woman. Under ordinary circumstances I would understand completely. HOWEVER, this woman was hurling racially charged insults AND punched the Chiefs running back FIRST. Are you starting to see why I am so confused? Every week I am TOLD by every news channel, celebrity, college professor and politician that woman and men are EXACTLY the same. No different. Perfectly interchangeable. What am I missing here? If Kareem did NOT defend himself would those same people not call him sexist because he treated her differently than he would a man? Wouldn't it be considered condescending to women if he treated them differently?

GOD I AM CONFUSED!

Tom
    Last edited by Dryden-Tdub; 12-02-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    It won't be greed which destroys America. It will be envy.

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

You just need a good set of knobbies and you'll feel better.
    Husqvarna TE300i Fuel Injected 2-Stroke 2019
    Yamaha XT225 - 1999 Serow
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha BW200 Electric Start! - 1986
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003
    Husqvarna 701 Enduro - 2017
    Kawasaki Prairie 650 - 2002

I'm of the mind that you just don't hit a woman. (unless she was trying to kill you or something)

Not really related to this but I was a victim of domestic violence. My X wife hit me hundreds of times, 99.9% of the time for no good reason at all. She pulled a knife on me before and said once that I was lucky she didn't have a key to the gun safe. She hated everybody and everything. Nothing was ever good enough for her. She was a very miserable unhappy soul and I was a caring loving husband. I think you reap what you sow sooner or later. She's driven off 2 of the 4 sons she had and they haven't spoken to her in 10 years and the other 2 only talk to her once or twice a year briefly. I can proudly say I never hit her.

I hear she drinks now quite a bit. I can't for the life of me think that she's "a happy nice drunk now" when she was evil and mean as a snake before... I'm sure it's 10x worse now.
    Smitty Blackstone and Darth like this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Wait untill gender fluidity gets involved in these disputes.
    Would it be acceptable to push her if she was identifying as a man?
    I get totally confused trying to follow the rules of political correctness these days. Somehow I just seem to witness more moral fluidity than gender fluidity.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Try being a college student in California... The insanity is rampant daily. These college campuses have become festering breeding grounds for mob-mentality madness. There are a few glowing embers in the darkness that have kept my overall college experience a valuable one, and I thank those few souls immensely for holding fast in the midst of the flood. If you ever said anything like this in one of my college classrooms, you would be hated, ridiculed and shunned by most of the others present (including/especially the professor) for your "White privileged straight white male hegemonic racism and sexism, hate speech, misogyny, subconscious bias" etc. etc. It is so ironic that those who claim to lead the fight against racism are often themselves the greatest propagators of racial tension and division. Just the other day, one of my classmates gave a presentation on her "study" of middle-aged straight White males' discourse, and to no one's surprise, she labeled all of them as either consciously or subconsciously racist and sexist, regardless of what they had or had not said or done. I.e. because they were White males, they were sexist and racist, period, whether they knew it or wanted to be, or not. Of course, the professor wholeheartedly supported her presentation. Talk about being racist...and that type of mentality is hyper-typical of California academics. If you dare to open your mouth for one second to speak up against this outright racism... What is truly unnerving is seeing the long arm of the lunatic extending way out into mainstream society, even to a place like the TW forum (though thankfully to a much lesser extent). Anyway, I have not seen what you refer to, but it sounds like a woman hit a man and he hit her back. I can respect Tommy's perspective here, and I would agree to some extent. If a woman hits me and it doesn't actually injure me or place me in serious danger, I would probably first try to diffuse the situation with words and/or firm restraint, but , if a woman outright attacks me, she is going to be treated just like anyone or anything else that attacks me.
    Last edited by kj7687; 12-03-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    KJ, just KJ, ok.

Current rides:
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500, 1999 Toyota 4Runner

Past rides: 2015 Yamaha XT 250, 1997 Suzuki DR 200, 2007 Honda Ruckus, 2007 Yamaha TW 200, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 500, 2009 Kawasaki KLX331S; 1994 GMC Sierra 1500, 1987 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 Acura Integra, 1986 Honda CRX, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1994 Chevrolet Astro Van, 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit, 1984 Jeep Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by kj7687 View Post
    Try being a college student in California... The insanity is rampant daily. These college campuses have become festering breeding grounds for mob-mentality madness. There are a few glowing embers in the darkness that have kept my overall college experience a valuable one, and I thank those few souls immensely for holding fast in the midst of the flood. If you said something like this in one of my college classrooms, you would be hated and shunned by most of the others present therein.

I take it back! Knobbies = Bad...

Stick with 10 year old trials tires. aka (safe place).
    Smitty Blackstone and 2scoops like this.
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

Hey Tom, just funin.. with you. When we going riding?
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

To be clear. My moral compass is just fine and I would NOT strike a woman. Unless I was IDENTIFYING as a woman myself that day? I hear that is perfectly acceptable in today's society? I'm still confused.

Tom

Man who runs in front of motorcycle gets tired. Man who runs behind motorcycle gets exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryden-Tdub View Post

GOD I AM CONFUSED!

Tom

No no dresses on the next ride please. Unless that's how you identify, than it's OK..
    Yamaha TW200Z - 2010
    Yamaha TTR225R - 2003

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJeeper View Post
    Hey Tom, just funin.. with you. When we going riding?
    Considering the snow we have gotten up here my guess is April? Maybe....

Tom

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links