Ghost Towns for Admiral
Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Fred
  • 3 Post By admiral
  • 2 Post By Fred

Thread: Ghost Towns for Admiral

Ghost Towns for Admiral

If I recall Admiral and Mrs.Admiral tried to visit here on a very crowded 4th of July which just isn't the same as the sense of discovery when you have the place to yourselves and get these viewsUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1dd.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1db.jpgWhile most tourists come in from the south I like the unpaved approaches from other ghost towns and mine sites to the west and east. I think SanDue also rode in from their camp along the Walker. River. Wonder if they attended a church service?UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c4.jpg

When I rode Betty Boop in the place seemed like a ghost town with no one to pour me a beer at the bar, deal a hand of faro or spin the roulette wheel.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1cc.jpg

Even the fire department seemed a little sleepy.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1cb.jpg
    All in all a fine place visit if you can time it right, lots of left overs from a rich mining past.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1dc.jpg

I think Admiral and Lori could really enjoy this place at a quieter pace. jF3d2D6DTp6FMLrc7jwXmQ_thumb_1d7.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1d1.jpg
    FishByte, Mel, admiral and 1 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    If I recall Admiral and Mrs.Admiral tried to visit here on a very crowded 4th of July which just isn't the same as the sense of discovery when you have the place to yourselves and get these viewsUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1dd.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1db.jpgWhile most tourists come in from the south I like the unpaved approaches from other ghost towns and mine sites to the west and east. I think SanDue also rode in from their camp along the Walker. River. Wonder if they attended a church service?UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c3.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1c4.jpg

When I rode Betty Boop in the place seemed like a ghost town with no one to pour me a beer at the bar, deal a hand of faro or spin the roulette wheel.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1cc.jpg

Even the fire department seemed a little sleepy.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1cb.jpg
    All in all a fine place visit if you can time it right, lots of left overs from a rich mining past.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1dc.jpg

I think Admiral and Lori could really enjoy this place at a quieter pace. jF3d2D6DTp6FMLrc7jwXmQ_thumb_1d7.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1d1.jpg
    We want to go back but we'll make darn sure it ain't a holiday. Holy moly was that place crowded. To our defense, we did try to just squeeze this in on a trip we made to So. Cal for my uncle's memorial so it was an unplanned event as it were.
    Mel, grewen and SanDue like this.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Off-season can make a big difference. Pictures were from a November fall color tour where I camped in various aspen groves and rode back country routes to a few ghost towns, mine ruins, & sub-alpine lakes between Sonora Pass and Mono Lake. A little cold and days were a little short but well worth it.
    admiral and SanDue like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Sponosred Links