Riding Boots
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riding Boots

Just wondering what boots you guys use for riding? I use neoprene hunting boots on my 4-wheeler but the bulky toe doesn't interfere with shifting. Motocross boots seem a little slick for the clay around here and I'd also like to be able to somewhat walk into stores etc. I was looking at some plain toe tactical boots that look like they'd fit the bill but just looking for some opinions?

Rain
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

I wear Rocky Aztec snake boots, tough, comfortable and waterproof.

http://www.rockyboots.com/Product-De...Outdoor-Boots/
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

For most of my riding I've been really happy with genuine US-issue combat boots purchased from the military surplus store. Look for the older ones that have full leather uppers, preferably without the vietnam-era drain grommets. They're getting harder to find these days, but I've been wearing this pair regularly for about 7 years and they're just now starting to wear through. Knock-off imitations come nowhere close.

A lot of guys seem to like the Alpinestars Scout boot for DS riding. Seems to bridge the gap between street and MX boots pretty well. I have a pair of Alpinestars Roam boots instead (found 'em on clearance for 1/4 the price of the Scouts) and I love em. Kinda hurts my feelings scratching that nice smooth leather on the trail though, so I'm in the market for a set of real-deal MX boots for riding those more technical routes. The O'neal MX boots seem to be well reviewed and pretty reasonably priced, but I have no firsthand experience.
    2011 TW200 - Sold - after 9700 miles and 1,000,000 smiles. So long Tee Dub!
    2012 KLR650
    - Sold
    2013 Tiger Explorer XC
    2014 CB500X - RRP L3

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Those are nice boots! They are out of stock online and might be difficult to find locally being our most dangerous snake is a garter.!
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain_Will_Fall View Post
    Those are nice boots! They are out of stock online and might be difficult to find locally being our most dangerous snake is a garter.!
    Check ebay, I got a smoking deal on mine there.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

I wear Thor 50/50 boots and like them a lot. Comfortable for both riding and stopping to walk around or go in a bar or whatever. I just did a search and it looks like they don't sell them anymore. I'd definitely buy boots like them again. The 3/4 dirt or ATV boots give decent protection for the kind of off road riding I do and are still good to wear most anywhere.

I just bought a pair of FLY maverick DS/ATV short boots. They feel great once on. I have yet to ride in them as its been to cold/wet the days I have had off. And the other days just putting around the property on a whim didnt call for boots.

http://www.amazon.com/Bates-Mens-Esc...pr_product_top

I got these for Christmas and love 'em.

Super comfortable, waterproof, and warm.

Ive previously riden with Sidi's and Military boots, these are more comfortable and offer alot of support.
    2002 TW200

2003 TW200

2002 Mean Streak

2002 Speed Four

2006 FZ6

1999 Jog

after pinning my ankle under my cyclerack in a drop, i picked up a 2 yr old pair of never-worn alpinestar boots off of craigslist. they offer great protection, but take some getting used to.

1. the buckle system is not as easy as lacing or even ski boots, and take me a few minutes to put on.

2. shifting is more difficult. i'm going to put on a longer, folding tip shifter, and hope it doesn't get more bent up in spills.

3. they aren't as comfortable as other styles of boots, and walking is not real comfortable for any distance.

i'm still learning to like them, but jury's out if they are what i want to keep.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by kenfyoozed View Post
    I just bought a pair of FLY maverick DS/ATV short boots. They feel great once on. I have yet to ride in them as its been to cold/wet the days I have had off. And the other days just putting around the property on a whim didnt call for boots.

I've been using this boot for about 1 1/2 years. Things I like about them: protected my ankle when I fell over, protected my toes when I hit rocks, and have good tread for walking around (in dirt).

Things I don't like about them: take forever to break in (very stiff), but getting better. Also hard to "feel" my shifter and I miss shifts more and feel akward when walking on hard surfaces.

Ron in Boise gave me a pair of shin/knee guards and this makes up for the short part of the boot. I wear regular leather boots for pavement riding and doing errands around town (just in case I have to walk in a store).

Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links