We Don't Need No Stinkin Pants we Live in Arizona ?!?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: We Don't Need No Stinkin Pants we Live in Arizona ?!?

We Don't Need No Stinkin Pants we Live in Arizona ?!?

I wish I would have taken this TW's picture before I shoveled the snow off it but I had this 70 mile beauty tucked safely under my RV's nose for months all covered and locked and the other night around midnight had the bright idea I would get it out and just leave it in the driveway til morning when I would load it in my trucks canopy for a trip to storage. Well so much for that great idea I woke up to almost 3 feet of snow (ok 20" lol) and I live in central Arizona.

I first moved here in 2009 and I put my boots and winter coat in my closet and when I moved 3 years later I took the winter coats and boots out of the closet! I have not worn long pants or shoes since 2009 except at MOAB 2017

My only boots I could find are short and they filled with snow lol I cannot find a pair of Carhardt long leg pants anywhere in my RV they must be in storage 100 miles away.

I had to customize my leggings to go and shovel my truck and TW out

On top of that my 2012 Prius took a freak rock that broke the glass sunroof (it actually sounded like a gunshot but thats another story) the day before the big snow and of course it's stuck open

Needless to say Amazon got an order for 6 new pairs of Carhardt Double Knee Logger pants that Prime can't get here fast enough

I'm in Payson and was told they get 4" of snow every 10 years so hopefully I'm good for the next 40 years lol

SAM_8274.JPGSAM_8260.JPGSAM_8267.JPGSAM_8272.JPGSAM_8280.JPG
    the postal service and Tyvek save the day
    Last edited by PlacerLode; 02-22-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    Sthrnromr, jtstdub, Mel and 11 others like this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

holy crap!! you can keep that living in the south, i wouldn't want to have to deal with all that snow at one time
    Greg

2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom
    2018 suzuki dr200

Wow, I assure you the latest storm you are having/have had out there is more snow than we have had all Winter here in southern NY. Just not natural.
    Was 53 and Sunny here yesterday.

My daughter is over in Tempe and it seems to be pretty cool there too, in the mid to high 40's.

Love the last picture. A true McGyver.
    2008 Vespa 150"S" (Elec & Kick Start)
    2007 Ural Patrol (2WD, Elec & Kick Start)
    2006 Yamaha TW200 (Elec & Kick Start)
    1995 BMW K75 (Elec Start)
    1991 Honda XR250L (Kick Start Only)
    1986 Yamaha BW200ES (Elec & Kick Start)
    1969 BMW r60/2, US Model (Kick Start Only)

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Nice improvised boots. Our daughter in Tucson sent us pics of snow there too. Be safe out there. Very few folks down there know how to drive safely in that stuff.
    01 SOLD
    96 SOLD
    89 restored SOLD
    89 (restoration in process)
    05 (restoration in process)
    03 SOLD
    04 in great condition

I have cousins in Payson. They get snow every so often but never like that. WOW! My Mom is in Tucson now and said she's ready to move further south, after she finishes learning Spanish, of course.
    As a side note: Clark County/ Las Vegas cancelled all schools and after school activities for today as of 6p.m. last night, because they were expecting temperatures below freezing,(32*F). It was 24* this morning. Oh the humanity, how will they ever survive? I drove past our schools on the way to work this morning and the temp was -20*F at the high school. Oh, and classes started on time. Plus it's fun to drive by the bus stop and see kids standing there with no coats on and snotcicles froze to their faces.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerflorida View Post
    Nice improvised boots. Our daughter in Tucson sent us pics of snow there too. Be safe out there. Very few folks down there know how to drive safely in that stuff.
    no lie most AZ drivers are totally unaware

I heard some stranded tourists talking at the local Beeline Cafe and they mani freeways were all closed and they said they would take the backroads home! lmao

They were in one wheel drive sedans and Payson AZ is a mile high mountain town with only one freeway in and it's steep as hell even in a bad ass 4x4 with front and rear posi it's tricky

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by NVcowboy View Post
    I have cousins in Payson. They get snow every so often but never like that. WOW! My Mom is in Tucson now and said she's ready to move further south, after she finishes learning Spanish, of course.
    As a side note: Clark County/ Las Vegas cancelled all schools and after school activities for today as of 6p.m. last night, because they were expecting temperatures below freezing,(32*F). It was 24* this morning. Oh the humanity, how will they ever survive? I drove past our schools on the way to work this morning and the temp was -20*F at the high school. Oh, and classes started on time. Plus it's fun to drive by the bus stop and see kids standing there with no coats on and snotcicles froze to their faces.
    lol yes Vegas has been making the news a lot I guess it's the first real snowfall there in a decade, cool ! literally

Hidden Content

...So... Dog sled time to Pine, Strawberry, and Happy Jack for the USPS I suppose? Through rain, through sleet, through snow, through..... hell you get it.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

Quote Originally Posted by NVcowboy View Post
    ...So... Dog sled time to Pine, Strawberry, and Happy Jack for the USPS I suppose? Through rain, through sleet, through snow, through..... hell you get it.
    yah exactly lets see how tough the "HashKnife Pony Express" is today lol

No lie the whole town is closed down it's really ridiculous folks from Michigan etc must be scoffing at us !

Hidden Content

Priceless!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links