Do you carry while riding?
Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Do you carry while riding?

When I rallied my 4 wheeler around the woods and rural neighborhoods in Alaska, I open carried some bear protection. Now that I'll be cruising a more urban area along with the woods, I'm wondering if my open carry should become concealed carry. Alaskan laws and communities have a pretty solid "shall not be infringed" attitude. There is a difference between zipping around the woods and zipping around town.
    PlacerLode likes this.

Yeah I carry everyplace everyday, especially gun free zones.

Can't imagine you having an issue up there. Just do it and don't be nervous.
    methamphetasaur and Zoeller like this.
    2014 NC700X
    2005 ST-1300
    Wanted TW450

Yes. The answer to this question is almost always a yes from me. However, my circumstances may not reflect yours. This is mainly due to prior background, training, laws, personal beliefs, etc. I would have to agree with Chip's line of thought however and speculate that you would probably not run into any problems in Alaska in general, providing there is no reason to believe you should (i.e. criminal records, under the influence, etc etc etc.)

Again this is more of a personal question and everyone should make their own decisions based on the information and experience they have. That being said, you have my answer. It's a yes, 99+% of the time.
    Zoeller likes this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

As long as it is legal and you are legal in carrying concealed then the answer is 100% yes. The real issue with carrying guns is in the legal rights to do it because almost anything illegal you do while carrying a gun could result in a felony which will preclude you from ever owning a gun from then on. Most all of the new laws and rules being made in many states have just one purpose in mind and it has nothing to do with making us safer and everything to do with their end goal of disarming all of us. Any violation of a gun law here in NY and the vast NE is an automatic felony if you are convicted and there goes your 2A rights for ever. Get caught here with a high capacity magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds even if you only have 10 in it you catch a felony. They want our guns and our rights to ever own them so they will chip away at it one bullet at a time. There is not a judge, lawyer or cop in this country who knows the laws and BS rules of every state or jurisdiction yet any person who carries a gun is mandated to know the laws.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I find it odd that the same people that approve of late term abortions and the selling of baby body parts say "we have to protect the children!" when it comes to gun control.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    I find it odd that the same people that approve of late term abortions and the selling of baby body parts say "we have to protect the children!" when it comes to gun control.
    Nothing "Odd" about them elime, they are so full of $hit their eyes are brown.

GaryL
    Sthrnromr, stevegpt, elime and 2 others like this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I do have a concealed permit, thing is, it is not good for all states. You would think they put you through a federal check, that should mean you are good anywhere in the country. I am glad I had one handy when Mississippi Larry had some fellow break into his cargo trailer about 3 in the morning a couple years ago at Willow Springs dry camp. You just never know and is best to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    I do have a concealed permit, thing is, it is not good for all states. You would think they put you through a federal check, that should mean you are good anywhere in the country. I am glad I had one handy when Mississippi Larry had some fellow break into his cargo trailer about 3 in the morning a couple years ago at Willow Springs dry camp. You just never know and is best to be prepared.
    One of my favorite sayings, "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6". Too bad our politicians could ruin a wet dream!

GaryL

Quote Originally Posted by plumbstraight View Post
    Yes always know where you do and don’t have CC reciprocity. I have 34 states that I can CC legally. Always try to know your rights and laws. There are now easier ways to do this with smartphone apps for iPhone and Android as well as websites that are mobile friendly.
    Last edited by Sthrnromr; 03-06-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Zoeller likes this.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

There is no App, no web site and certainly not a single printed publication that can possibly keep up with all of these ever changing rules in all Obama's "58" US States. My NY Governor signs this crap in midnight rulings while no one is awake and in the morning they are laws. I have CCW rights in all 50 states under HR 218 but I make sure I know the laws in what ever state I am going to or through. I live right by the borders of NY, NJ and PA and can be in all three states at the very same time and all three states have very different rules.

GaryL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links