iNaturalist- A place to post the flora an fauna you've seen
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: iNaturalist- A place to post the flora an fauna you've seen

iNaturalist- A place to post the flora an fauna you've seen

Hey All you Nutjobs, Wackos and Denizens of the T-dub clan...

many of you enjoy watching wildlife and seeing new critters of the crawling and potted kind, here's a useful and interesting site to post pictures of your sightings.

iNaturalist

it's a crowdsourcing of living things to better id where things live, and it's great for help id'ing things you aren't sure what they are.

and you can post them by location, or keep that obscured, fred, you could list your backyard zoo!...

i'm over 500 species... digging out pictures from 18 yrs ago "oh! that's what that was...."
    Sthrnromr, Mel and Darth like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hey Joe, does this count ?

Site seems somewhat cumbersome with almost more info on the people posting than easy viewing or researching of wildlife imagery.
    I'll likely just keep teasing you folks here with the occasional oddity or encounter. Mice need their calcium.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f3.jpg
    Last edited by Fred; 03-20-2019 at 10:23 PM.
    admiral, Ken, joeband and 2 others like this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

First is a big one (spider) on my front door.. 2nd is a in the desert bloom and 3rd is one of my favorite flora and fauna combinations...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darth, Mel, joeband and 3 others like this.

I know the trees in the Cascades and some of the more common wildflowers …..and we have nearly all of the wildlife associated with the Forests in the West including wild horses ….but lately there have been some interesting additions....Turkeys....Antelope.....Wolves....a very rare Grizzly.... but a proposal to transplant them to the North Cascades ….. I have also seen a number of rare or threatened species like the Cascade Fox, a Lynx , Wolverine , Badger, and just this week a wildlife camera caught a picture of a Fisher....the first to have been seen in decades...

Recreation Research at the University of Washington has found that viewing wildlife is the most memorable event of a trip to the woods..... I know it is for me...
    joeband and Ken like this.

When I first saw this thread and who started it, I was expecting to see some of the Humboldt floura and fauna.
    TW-Brian and joeband like this.

i agree fred, they posting could be streamlined, but trying to collect accurate data from the general public may post some challenges. i've been excited to figure out what some species were that i saw years ago and never could ID.

close brian, but the "general lee" isn't PC anymore...

mr mama.... it's all legal now, what's the fun in posting that?
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I'll give the site another visit and explore more. I get visited by some birds that are either out of their listed range in common guide books , or varieties I simply can not identifiable.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

that's true, but the power of it is then other people will help ID the species.
    once you plug in the location it was seen, you can try "suggested species" though sometimes that is way off.
    Fred likes this.

Hidden Content

I really like the concept of this website! I have an Audubon Society Field Guide for just about everything, and it gives me great pride in knowing what I'm looking at. But I'm not a scientist. Despite my resources, I sometimes fail to properly ID. I also went to the website and clicked on "guides" under the "more" tab - State Forest State Park here in Colorado has an account I guess? That's pretty cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links