Honda eu2200 vs HF predator 2000
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Honda eu2200 vs HF predator 2000

Honda eu2200 vs HF predator 2000

Thinking of getting one. Been looking at reviews of HF Predator 2000 but the Honda has more starting and running amps. I'll be using it as a back up power source and for running power tools. Anyone have experience with these two?

I like my 2200.

It will run a skilsaw no problem.

Currently at the dealer though because of a recall.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    Why just these two options? There are so many out there now in this power range for the inverter generators, such as Yamaha and Generac with other branded names like Energizer and Briggs and Stratton. I would just hit up YouTube for reviews and comparisons. The power tool users are a good source as are RVers. What you're likely to find is what can easily deduced... the most expensive units made by the most known brand names, such as Honda, Yamaha, and Generac, will likely get high marks for being quiet, putting out consistant quality power, lasting long and being quality units. Your lower cost units from Predator and other knock off Chinese types will work, and get high marks for being inexpensive, but will likely not have the quality or longevity as the more expensive ones will. Finally, the ones in the middle, will be in the middle of the pack. Good luck.
    - Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Lol. Didn't think of that. tool and RV reviews should cover generators. Was looking at the eu2800 as well for the same price and it had a fuel related recall. Thanks guys

Mel
    I have used my 2 Honda 2000i's for hundreds of hours absolutely with out a single problem. They have never been difficult to start and produced what they were suppose too. We used them to charge cordless tool batteries on remote construction sites. Many times they would run all day without being shut off. Also quite enough to talk over. Many times with 4 battery chargers on them.
    Mel

Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Thinking of getting one. Been looking at reviews of HF Predator 2000 but the Honda has more starting and running amps. I'll be using it as a back up power source and for running power tools. Anyone have experience with these two?
    I bought two eu2000s 15 years ago and have only praise for them. I get 5-6 hours per .9 gallon tank. The reason I chose them was their quietness and fuel efficiency. They are light enough to easily carry. They have been trouble-free.
    Last edited by Cascade Rider; 04-02-2019 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Replaced 2200 with 2000
    Tweaker and Smitty Blackstone like this.
    God made mud. God got lonesome. So God said to some of the mud, "Sit up!" "See all I've made," said God, "The hills, the sea, the sky, the stars." And I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around. Lucky me, lucky mud. I, mud, sat up and saw what a nice job God had done.
    Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

So for my RV I bought a champion 3100/2800W from Costco. I got this one because it has a Yamaha clone engine in it an it will run my RV’s air conditioning.. it is very quiet too and has run flawless for me although not that many hours yet. It was $599 a no brainer for me as you can buy 3 Honda’s for that. I like the Honda’s. They are making a duel fuel version gas and propane and one with a wireless remote. I wish I had the duel fuel one due to the bad ethanol gas here in CA. Although I can add a conversion if I want.

https://zumohome.com/products/100158...xoCjq4QAvD_BwE

Edit Champion has great product support if needed in the USA. I didn’t see that the one I posted was refurbished mine was new for that price..
    Last edited by Tweaker; 03-31-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    Dryden-Tdub likes this.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

I don't know much about the small output gensets such as Honda and the others but have had 3 different large ones in the 7,000 watt range with peaks of 10,500 surge starting. I absolutely love my current Troy Bilt one that runs my entire home when the lights from pole power go out. I can't do propane here unless I spend twice as much as the generator costs just to get the tanks and plumbing installed. One thing I really loved about my older Kawasaki genset was what I call a Rev idle Limiter, when ever the power demand was light the engine idle slowed down considerably until a fridge or some other appliance kicked on. This saved a bunch on fuel economy and there was no good reason for the engine to be running at a constant full throttle when only a few light bulbs were being powered. My Troybilt does not have this feature but I wish it did. I am very fortunate that Non E gas is available here and that is all I use in my stand by generators and never had an issue with carbs gunking up using real gas and a dose of seafoam.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

I run 100% Honda eu's I flip tons of them and have for years they are so reliable and in demand you simply can't go wrong with a Honda for performance and resale. If you look hard you can find the eu3000is for $1500 new and eu2200i for $750 to $800 and add $100 for the 30A Companion model. I also like the eu3000 Handi as it's 50 lbs lighter than the eu3000is electric start but only puts out 2900 watts vs 3300 watt surge on the eu3000is. I have been getting the "old" eu2000i's for $600. The eu7000is Fuel Injected is my preferred big boy genny they are so quiet I see drag race teams playing cards using the genny as a table !
    jbfla likes this.
    "It's Like Warm Apple Pie"

Hidden Content

So Costco has the dual fuel model for $849.99 It is electric start too.. Check out the reviews on Amazon and Costco.

https://www.costco.com/Champion-DUAL...100284958.html

If I was buying a generator now I would defiantly get a duel fuel. 5 gal propane tanks have a 12 year? shelf life and if the carb was clogged from bad gas would still work on propane.
    Last edited by Tweaker; 03-31-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    ”Everything You Know is Wrong”

” How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You Are Nowhere at All?”

Twin 2014 TW200's made side by side on the assembly line, Moose rear racks, Protaper ATV high bars, DG oval pipes, kick starters, rejetted carbs, 130 main jets, 2 -3 -.020 shims on the needles and @ 2 1/2 turns on the pilot screw, #34 pilot jets, Acerbis hand guards, Shinko 241 front tires, modified Krator foot pegs, 14-55t sprockets, Ricochet skid plates and 90 degree fuel filters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links