Where do you stand on Global Warming? - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree157Likes

Thread: Where do you stand on Global Warming?

If the originator of this now infamous "post hijacking" doesn't fess up - I shall demand a doughnut ban forthwith ...

(Edit - thought so - shit stirring again) .....
    littletommy and Apolloha like this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Trees in the USA Today as compared to a century ago Story is 8 years old...yes there are more trees today...and yes there is less forested land {i.e. Old Forest} …

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/wi...s-ago-its-true

Despite the damage that man made to the USA since the Industrial Revolution Began, the USA has made major steps in curbing man made pollution...not much we can do about Nature's destructive forces despite what Nitwits like AOC and Cory Booger tell the ignorant masses...

Once Again....for fear of repeating myself:

I am an Environmentalist, but I'm not a Climate Change Alarmist...
    Old n dirty and Dryden-Tdub like this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    If the originator of this now infamous "post hijacking" doesn't fess up - I shall demand a doughnut ban forthwith ...
    I'm with you Purple....this is how the Old Political Ban Shit got started a few years back, and why so many great members, like Borneo, and others quit or got the boot....they got sick of the BS...we used to be able to have conversations on these subjects without the political *Mud" Slinging....O' Hell since LT fessed up, I bow to his superior wisdom...
    littletommy and Dryden-Tdub like this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post

(Edit - thought so - shit stirring again) .....
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Damn I've been gone to long...Purple is only 19 posts, 4342-4323 behind me..."Never look back, someone may be gaining on you"---Another great quote by the fantastic Sach Paige...
    littletommy and Purple like this.

Hidden Content

Last edited by assquatch20; 06-10-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Fred, grewen, jtstdub and 1 others like this.

Contrails.
    2010 TW200 - The Goat
    Triumphs
    ATVs
    Way too many past bikes to list

Microwave transmissions.....think about it. Microwaves speed up liquids on a particle level and we beam them from satellites to towers etc. Microwaving the atmosphere..... if you think it's bad now wait till 5G technology increases the signal strength far beyond dangerous levels.

And it is being or may have now been written into law that they cannot legally be stopped without huge financial penalties to the government regardless of any potential known harmful side effects.
    Last edited by Trail Woman; 06-10-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Sthrnromr and assquatch20 like this.

Oh Damn it, I hate the thought of even getting involved in this discussion because no matter what I say someone will get pissy.
    Global Warming/Climate Change is as real as rain itself and has been going on since long before humans ever walked upon this earth. The context behind those two terms today, Global Warming/Climate Change, are nothing short of a scam money grab by the big elites. If these Jackwagons could they would be selling us clouds and charging big bucks to have them towed to where ever rain was needed. As I have said many times before here we could throw trillions upon trillions of dollars at reducing global climate change by a tiny fraction and have just one major volcano fart and wipe out every dime we spent. I don't care what they do or how much money they toss at it they just can't F%$& with Mother Nature. We live in an ever changing world on a single planet with a very diverse set of weather patterns and there is not a thing we can do to control any of this.

Global Pollution on the other hand is something we can and should be doing way more to control. Chemicals in one way or another all end up in our food, air and water supplies. There is a pill for just about everything and more pills being developed every day and every river in this and most other countries are loaded with chemicals and antibiotics. Fertilize the fields to grow more food to feed an ever increasing World population and it all ends up polluting our planet. We all want to eat and we all want electricity and transportation and we all want our comforts and gadgets yet so many of us jump on the bandwagon of banning what we all want. Coal and other fossil fuels produce the electricity and wind and solar simply cannot yet replace either of these fossil fuels we have come to rely upon. You do know of course it takes massive amounts of fossil fuels to get the raw materials out of the earth and to the plants to produce the materials that solar and wind generating products are made with. Without coal and fossil fuels producing the electricity we would all be living in huts and burning wood to stay warm and producing hundreds of times more air pollution. Science is a wonderful thing laced with lies and hidden truths they simply do not want us to know. We could certainly learn 20 or 40 years from today that the cancers we all suffer from were caused by the crap in the water we drink and grow our crops with. All the fishes in all the oceans, lakes and streams that we eat are all polluted from the crap in these waters and they have nowhere to hide.
    I will not give up my SUV or my combustion engines and I refuse to live in a cold or hot home without electricity, heat and air conditioning. I refuse to wipe my ass without toilet paper or to cook my food over camel shit. Technology in energy production has a very long way to go before we could ever end the use of fossil fuels and those who scream the loudest about it are hypocrites who refuse to give up their own comforts and gadgets just the same as I do.
    The only fix I can possibly see in the immediate future is to reduce the world population by about 75% in one quick catastrophe weather it be a massive flood, massive volcanic eruptions that cover the earth with sun blocking ash and throws us into an near instant and deep ice age or a nuclear war of the worlds that destroys almost all of the major worlds infrastructures. The day we are born is the day we each begin to die. Some of us make it to 100 years or more while most are dead before 75 so my plan is to make the most of the time I have and enjoy the comforts my labors have provided. I can't concern myself with the things I have absolutely no control over and climate is at the top of that list. It was 80 and sunny here yesterday and cold and raining today. Tomorrow a tornado could come and blow me away or I could go to bed tonight and not wake up in the morning. Some folks just don't get this life thing and never will until it's over. Don't worry, be happy and live every day like it is your last. I just buried a childhood buddy who was the epitome of health. Never drank or smoked or did any drugs and always ate the best of diets and was a real nut about exercising. He was out in Colorado and on a ski trip with friends and walking back to the cabin after a nice dinner and day of skiing he felt a slight pain and was dead before he hit the ground at 62.
    I sure hope someone here has some answers to all this Global Warming/Climate Change/ Air and water and ground pollution that is prevalent all around us but I know better and would really just rather have a beer with Hoot and smoke a big fat cigar while sipping a nice tequila and not giving a shit about any of it.

GaryL
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

The globe has been warming for 10'000 yrs. If we are speeding it up, shame on us. We are but an experiment in nature. If she gets tired of us and kicks us off, it will go back to the insects and start over.
    Mel, Dryden-Tdub, Purple and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links