Where do you stand on Global Warming?
Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Where do you stand on Global Warming?

Where do you stand on Global Warming?

Question for ya Hoot …

When you were out in Nam, (which I have the greatest of respect for incidentally), was “who was what” ever an issue ? – (other than the gooks of course)

And given that “the gooks” are no longer the gooks, (other than North Korea, most of which is “wear the uniform or become an enemy of the state”, and quite the opposite of the hippies you would have encountered in your time over there) – I find myself compelled to ask you the following question

Where do you stand on Global Warming ? ……
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Question for ya Hoot …

When you were out in Nam, (which I have the greatest of respect for incidentally), was “who was what” ever an issue ? – (other than the gooks of course)

And given that “the gooks” are no longer the gooks, (other than North Korea, most of which is “wear the uniform or become an enemy of the state”, and quite the opposite of the hippies you would have encountered in your time over there) – I find myself compelled to ask you the following question

Where do you stand on Global Warming ? ……
    Quick note on "Who Was What"? You never really knew...now my view is from an Air Force Cop...but the guy at the base exchange, our Barber, ended up dead on the fence line one night...seems he was a VC {Viet Cong} who worked on the base...not sure why the dumb ass thought it was necessary to sneak in overnight?

"Global Warming"? or Climate Change, whichever the left calls it....is happening, at least the Climate Change is....now as a Biology and Environmental Health Grad and retiree kind of guy..."Man Made Climate Change/Global Warming" is the biggest line of BS being foisted on us by the news media, the Elites, and scientists who make their living off grants and controlling the populace and our lives....it is as big a Hoax as we have seen throughout history...

Just my 2 Cents....don't kill the messenger or the right wing outlet that dares post the truth:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ing-is-a-hoax/
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

To quote my betters - "Infamy, infamy - they've all got in in for me"

When I find out who separated this post of mine into an entirely separate thread, I will have my revenge (and I have a list of suspects) .....

As to the point in hand - the climate of this planet has always been a "swinging affair" - and I think we're right to be concerned about the way it's swinging at the moment. Whether or not mankind is responsible for the present swing is (at best) debatable, but what perhaps is not is what we leave behind for our children

As to the point of my original post, it was supposed to get you off the subject of “left wing — right wing” politics, and get you to start to think of the people standing alongside you when the going got tough

Sorry to hear of your “barber” — shit happens ……

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Swinging affair or Slinging affair?

download.jpeg
    Offroad:
    TW200 - The Goat
    KTM 300 - Orange Dragon
    ATVs

Onroad:
    Triumphs

Way too many past bikes and builds to list. I won't bore you. Questions? Just ask.
    =)

Climate Change, at least here in the U.S., is a subject that for some reason is related to one's particular political slant. It should just be a matter of common sense. Every day we pump tons of filth and waste into the atmosphere and oceans as we destroy millions of acres of forest - our only source of oxygen! How can anyone think that has zero effect on our climate or even our very existence? I don't know if it's greed, religious beliefs, or fear, but something is preventing millions of people from facing some really basic facts and the reality that our life here is not guaranteed.
    Last edited by sibyrnes; 06-10-2019 at 09:54 AM.

The trouble (imo) is that no high level public official or main stream media source is taking the middle ground. It's either #fakenews or the world is uninhabitable in 12 years. It makes the topic impossible to discuss.

I think it’s largely down to economics — short term economics that is. China burns coal to gain a short term economic boost — America burns coal because it provides for “personal political” boost

As long as the two major players in this game do so for either their countries benefit, or for their own, the planet can go to hell for all they are concerned

What Trump is basically saying, is “Vote for me, or see your coal industry shut down” — cheap shot at the vote market, and everything else is “fake news”. He should have met Thatcher and grown a pair

China, on the other hand, plays the long game, increasing its economy by government subsidies (shutting down the UK steel industry in the process), and polluting its rivers beyond belief, not to mention the air. Have you ever wondered why almost all electronic equipment has “made in China” on the back ?

This is simply because China is willing to pollute its environment in order to gain the economic advantage. Apple, Tesla, Sony et al, all farm out production of parts to China, simply because it’s cheaper to do so, rather than pay for “pollution tax” in their own countries. Simple economics at the end of the day, and as long as “economics” makes the rules in China, the planet can go to hell

Japan used to host most of this stuff, until a total ban of fishing was imposed within a twelve mile limit of its coast line due to “heavy metal content” — so they simply farmed it out to China. China needed the money to increase its “world position” with regards to economy, so figured “Hey, we’ll beat these guys at their own game for the next thirty years, screw pollution, we’ll clean that up later” — which to a large extent, China is now starting to do

It’s like living in some kind of “board game” — where politicians, companies, and entire countries vie for “advantage”. The UK is heading to be “carbon free” by 2050, America is saying it’s a whole lot of BS, while China is quietly laughing as it takes over as a world economy

The planet ? — is just a sacrificial pawn to man’s machinations. I won’t be around to see it, nor will my kids (I don’t have any) — yet I despair of the ignorance or those who do

Global warming vs global pollution — it’s going to be a close race …..

- Hidden Content

Pollution Bad....Climate Change Normal

People Need to Realize that Climate Change/Global Warming and "Man Made Pollution" and not necessarily the same.... I am an Environmentalist I am NOT a Climate Change Alarmist...

And Purple I agree, just who the Hell changed this from one "Quote Thread" to a political one...?
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

My stand on global warming;
    globalwarming.jpg
    The bear slayer!

I did. It deserves it's own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Pollution Bad....Climate Change Normal

People Need to Realize that Climate Change/Global Warming and "Man Made Pollution" and not necessarily the same.... I am an Environmentalist I am NOT a Climate Change Alarmist...

And Purple I agree, just who the Hell changed this from one "Quote Thread" to a political one...?
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links