AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days
Close

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By 2wolves1moon
  • 2 Post By Wormspur
  • 1 Post By GaryL

Thread: AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

Anyone else heading out to Vintage Days in Ohio this weekend? I dumped nearly all of my stash of old '60s-'70s daily riders and projects before a move that rendered me garageless in a new town a few years back and picked up a TW because I wanted something reliable that still had a little character while navigating the hills around the new place. Three years later that TW's grown on me as my daily but I'm still a ratty little 2-stroke lover at heart. Will I see anyone else this weekend at Vintage Days?
    Ken and jtomelliott49 like this.

I was there today. Sure was hot. I was on the silver 2005 that ticks like a tractor wearing a Honda badged straw hat.

I rode around with my 8 year old on the back until the rain hit. Saw some TW's. More than I expected.
    It was our first time and He really enjoyed himself. We watched the harescramble, wall of death, and the trials demo.

We will definitely go again. Maybe try camping it next year.

--matt
    jtomelliott49 and Sthrnromr like this.

I just saw on the Hudson Valley Craig's list but passed on the original bike I started on back in the mid 1960s, Nice looking Hodaka Ace 100. I would have grabbed it if I was a couple years younger and still riding. There is also a Bultaco Alpina on there now that might be worth rebuilding. I loved those old 2 strokes and had a lot of fun with quite a few of them. Member Smitty Blackstone has a few of the old Honda Trail 90s and 100/110 that were the standard bikes of my day that my 2 strokers loved to beat up on. The only thing the Hondas could do better than my Hodakas was to keep running.

GaryL
    jtomelliott49 likes this.
    Be Decisive! Right or Wrong just make a decision. ​ The road of life is paved with flat squirrels that couldn't make a decision.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

1987 Yamaha BW350 Big Wheel
    2017 Snowdog Track sled tow motor for ice fishing
    Kubota BX2370 Subcompact tractor with snow blower
    Wilderness System Ride 115 fishing Kayaks

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

My old Ace 100 only needed frequent cleaning of ignition points. Other than that, it was bullet proof.
    Tom in Wichita

78 Moto Guzzi SP1000
    87 Yamaha TW200
    99 Yamaha TW200
    03 Honda Shadow Spirit (girlfriend's ride)
    74 Moto Guzzi Eldorado Police model (in many pieces)

I was there today only. It was a scorcher for sure. I blame the heat for leaving without dropping a dime, though I was, and am, tempted by a few. You're right though, at least a handful of TWs, which was more than I expected. My first Vintage Days as well.

I went last year. I made the mistake of not loading the TW and bringing it. I found the swap meet yo be disappointing unless you were looking for CT70 parts. Moto is tomorrow whick is always good
    87 TW

Sponosred Links