insurance
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: insurance

insurance

As Washington just passed another law that motorcycles have to have insurance now I checked in with my insurance company. I thought it was very reasonable. For the goldwing and the kawasaki it was 247 each for the year, the tw was 17 dollars for liability only. I think I can get by with that. For the others that was full coverage.
    Ken likes this.

I’ve managed to get a policy that “mirrors” coverage. In the past, the Mercs was £630 (two years no claims), the Honda £250 (with over 10 years no claims). With the mirrored coverage, I get both cars for £630. As I’m about to scrap the Honda, I expect the cost to drop to £430 just for the Mercs

It’s worth shopping around to find out if you can get this “two for the price of the highest” , turns out it’s quite common over here, though seldom advertised …….
    plumbstraight likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

Ohio Full Coverage for the TW has been $100 per year since I purchased Ol' Blue in 2014....with Nationwide Insurance...of course I've been with them since 1966 which helps I am sure...
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Here in BC................................................ it costs over $1000/yr for BASIC insurance for my DR650. By "basic" I mean 3rd party liability only. Any fire, theft, collision or vandalism insurance is above and beyond the basic premium.
    This is why I only insure my DR for about 5 to 6 months of the year....and this is why it has such low mileage. Under 20,000 for a 2010.
    Since the TW falls below the 400cc cutoff, it is HALF the cost to insure for the full year.

The downside to government owned and controlled insurance....
    admiral likes this.
    Visit my Blog...Hidden Content or my YouTube channel: Hidden Content

Bloomin' heck - I can cover that thing for £100 a year fully comp over here .......
    admiral likes this.
    (Warning - Forum may contain nuts) ...... Hidden Content

TW200 - 1998 - Japanese import - 7000 miles on the clock - TW225 Special Edition 2007
    - Hidden Content

BC means "bring cash".....

Not to mention that we have some of the most idiotic drivers on the planet....
    Purple, admiral and bartruff like this.
    Visit my Blog...Hidden Content or my YouTube channel: Hidden Content

Nevada requires full coverage on motorcycles and RV's. Paid off or not. Of course we are a 24hr state.
    Ken and admiral like this.
    If you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Tuco Juan Ramierez aka "The Rat"
    There's 2 kinds of people in this world, those with guns, and those who dig. You dig. - The Man with No Name

2018 TW200 - LCpl. Rex T. Dubber
    2010 Savage S40 650

Here in NB full coverage for my TW adds about $250 CAD to my truck and house insurance bill.

TW_in_BC - I hear you! I spent 18 months in BC in 91/92 and it cost me over $2500/yr then for full coverage on my 91 Ranger. The joys of a government insurance program and being a male under 25....
    2014 TW. UBIQUE!

I budget for $6000 a year to insure all my toys in BC: truck, car, Wee and DT and sometimes another bike.
    Insurance is also more in the lower mainland than in other parts of the province.
    The TW and DT get very little in coverage and it is now over $500 for each.
    admiral likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

Washington State was selected as Best State in America by US News.....and it is beautiful and has about every thing from salt water to glaciers but this just annoys me....

The nanny government in Olympia is getting to me....I have never bought insurance for anything except a home and a automobile …..and have never had a claim...

I am thinking screw them …...and that the chances of me being caught are very low...…. given I seldom ride on public roads ...
    Last edited by bartruff; 08-03-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    admiral likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links