What's Your Favorite Beer? - Page 6
Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: What's Your Favorite Beer?

Back in March my VA Doctor, we will call him "Hadji", said I needed to cut my beer consumption down to 2 or 3...I sez, "2 or 3 a night, I might be able to handle that...most evenings..." "No, No, No, Patrick, 2 or 3 a week..." I laughed and said back..."Doc, I turn 70 years old next week...I probably should have been killed off by the Agent Orange by now...no way in this life am I cutting back on something I enjoy so much...I'll take my chances" He just looked skyward, and shook his head...

And so it goes....

Beers 8.jpgbeer bad beer.jpg
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Mio
    ^My dad was in the C-123s that carried that shit. You mofos are tough as hell.

To the guys whose gaskets got blown from me swearing again... have a beer.
    reddave, Hoot Gibson and Zoeller like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    ^My dad was in the C-123s that carried that shit. You mofos are tough as hell.

To the guys whose gaskets got blown from me swearing again... have a beer.
    The C 123s of Nha Trang sometime in 1969....my first base...we were a fly out spot for 123s, along with the C~47 Spooky's and C130 Shadow Gun Ships...

C123K.jpgc 123 Nha Trang.jpg
    Donzo, Mio and Zoeller like this.

Hidden Content

March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If any of you happen to be in the Elk River (POP of ~ 156) area in Idaho stop by the Shattuck Brewery. Remote area, but great beer. I liked their WookeyFoot Red and only $4.00 a pint. Check out shattuckbrewery
    As a side note when a "town" say they do not have a large enough population to support a Craft Brewery, you can mention Elk River.
    admiral and Hoot Gibson like this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

This thread has taken off after my spoof of a drunk bear stealing only his favorite bear in Post #1.
    While not a big beer drinker or beer thief myself the responses have been very entertaining. Apparently craft beers rule!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

Just got back from Disney Orlando on Wednesday....and figure Ol Walt would be spinning in his grave

Since my last visit in 1977 the place of course has changed so much, not much is the same, except a couple of rides, everything else, and I mean everything is much different, including the bars and eatery places, especially at EPCOT...to make a short story long, youngest son and his wife took the 4 Grandparents down for our "Christmas" gift for 4 days, all inclusive packages of rooms, parks, meals, speed pass, etc, etc, ...the rest of the them, son, his wife, and boys, are staying for 8 days, after wearing out the grandparents ...anyway I didn't drink much, but did get a chance to sample a few local Florida "Craft Beers" ...this one was my favorite:

https://www.cigarcitybrewing.com/beer/jai-alai-ipa/

and frankly I'm not a big IPA guy....but this one hit the spot in the heat and humidity:

Cigar Beer.png

I'll be heading down to Naples next month for a 3 week visit, as I'm "House, Dog, Bird, Cat Sitting" my youngest sister and her husband's place on the Gulf, while they trek off to Denmark, his home country....in addition to plenty of sun, Gulf Fishing off their dock, etc, I should get to sample more local craft beers before my November Return, and will give a "Full Report"

Hidden Content

And here I thought that only those Millenials drank craft beers! Boy was I wrong...

1987 Yamaha TW200

Senior Member TeeDoubleUTwoHundred's Avatar
    Craft beers are kinda expensive in Ontario. I bought 24 tallboys (473ml) of Bud Light for $55.95!
    Hoot Gibson likes this.
    2017 TW200 -> Hand Guards-Chain-Foot Pegs-Skid Plate-Shifter-Grips-Mirrors-Fuel Filter-Fender-Levers

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDoubleUTwoHundred View Post
    Craft beers are kinda expensive in Ontario. I bought 24 tallboys (473ml) of Bud Light for $55.95!
    I remember on a fishing excursion back in 1995 up north of Rice Lake to Havelock {Lake Tangamong} and we purchased Molson and Labatt Blue, and even back then, those non craft brews cost upwards of $35 to $40 a case in the out of the way stores....that was a lot of money getting peed off the sides of the boat...
    Zoeller likes this.

Hidden Content

Since they put a brewery in Asheville, the Sierra Nevada pale ale is pretty nice. A little bit expensive for me though, especially at 5.6% ABV. But I like the stuff. In its absence my go-to is a Yuengling. It's even weaker than the Sierra Nevada I believe, but a decent taste. Probably best I don't get too buzzed anyhow

There's lots of really good, costly beer out there, and plenty that's just too funky for me. I tried a chocolate beer some time back, for instance. Really strange, but it packed a wallop.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponosred Links