What's Your Favorite Beer?
Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: What's Your Favorite Beer?

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Bears seem to like Rainer

bear drunk.jpg
    BAKER LAKE, Wash. – When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby – dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.
    The bear apparently got into campers’ coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.
    “He drank the Rainier and wouldn’t drink the Busch beer,” said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.
    Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest. The beast then consumed about 36 cans of Rainier.
    A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.
    Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier.
    That did the trick.
    “This is a new one on me,” Heinck said. “I’ve known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference.”
    2003 TW200 "Betty Boop"
    2006 TW200 "Nibbler", a.k.a. “Mr.Gizmo"
    Hidden Content All Things Considered I’ld Rather Be Motorcycling

*COLD* beer is my favorite....but not just regular fridge-cold...I'm talking glacial mountain-stream-cold...almost frozen.
    Cold enough that your hand sticks to the can or glass...

...THAT cold.
    Fred, TheFunkyMonkey and Darth like this.
    2008 TW200
    Southwest corner of BC Canada

YouTube channel: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Bears seem to like Rainer

bear drunk.jpg
    BAKER LAKE, Wash. – When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby – dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.
    The bear apparently got into campers’ coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.
    “He drank the Rainier and wouldn’t drink the Busch beer,” said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.
    Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest. The beast then consumed about 36 cans of Rainier.
    A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.
    Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier.
    That did the trick.
    “This is a new one on me,” Heinck said. “I’ve known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference.”
    I can imagine this bear just before passing out was singing, "In Heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here..."
    Plumb should petition the state to change the name to "Black Bear Beer Lake" or "Drunken Black Bear Lake" or "Beer Lake".
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Almost any beer Wally World has on sale, and there is no bears around. that's only while on holidays in the USA. at home it's a nice cafe stout
    Last edited by grewen; 08-27-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    admiral likes this.
    Greg
    2020 yamaha TW200
    2019 honda cb500x
    2018 honda grom

Summer Miller Lite....Fall Great Lakes Oktoberfest...Winter 12 Dogs Christmas Ale....any other time Great Lakes Eliot Ness Amber Ale...

Always with a good hand rolled quality Cigar of course...Twelve Dogs.jpgEliot Ness Brew.pngMiller Lite.jpgCigars 001.jpg
    Mel likes this.
    Hoot's Ride Slide Show Music Videos

Hidden Content

TW Adventure Rides Completed
    March 2015 Moab: With 30 TW Forum Friends..
    Summer 2015 Great Lakes, Wisconsin, UP of Michigan, With Borneo and Montezuma
    November 2015: SE Ohio/West Virginia w/ Borneo and Montezuma
    March 2016: Big Bend NP in South Texas w/ Montezuma, Borneo, Ebbanflood and FW Gary
    August 2016: Montezuma and Hoot's Covered Bridge Ride in Southern Indiana

Six Point Resin when I can find it. Bells Double Two Hearted is out today. Hope I can find some.
    Last edited by Devils Advocate; 08-28-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Hoot Gibson and Badgerflorida like this.
    2005 Husqvarna 55R21HV
    1995 Kitchen Aid KSM90WW
    1989 Husqvarna 50, 300 Yr Anniversary Edition.

Mio
    That shit's fucking hilarious.
    As for me I'm not a fan of wheat beer (damn I almost spelled bear) but a brewery around here makes a classic "Transmission Fluid" with beet and ginger and is one of my favorites. They just started canning them so I'm stoked about that. Other than that I'll enjoy some stouts, porters, lagers, Czech pilsners, Belgian ales, IPAs.

We homebrewed some honey porter last year (top: fermenting, bottom left: bottled).
    2C0C007E-E86E-43DC-8088-F9E27AB2179A.jpeg
    Hoot Gibson and admiral like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    That shit's fucking hilarious.
    As for me I'm not a fan of wheat beer (damn I almost spelled bear) but a brewery around here makes a classic "Transmission Fluid" with beet and ginger and is one of my favorites. They just started canning them so I'm stoked about that. Other than that I'll enjoy some stouts, porters, lagers, Czech pilsners, Belgian ales, IPAs.

We homebrewed some honey porter last year (top: fermenting, bottom left: bottled).

soap.jpg
    "Life Member NRA"

A&W root beer

Grain Belt Nordeast here....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hoot Gibson and Badgerflorida like this.
    "Life Member NRA"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links