• 3 Post By white mule
  • 1 Post By ejfranz
  • 2 Post By white mule
  • 2 Post By RDW
  • 1 Post By ejfranz

Thread: Baja Adventure

Baja Adventure

Hi All.
    I am looking for some help in an upcoming Baja Adventure in March.
    I am hoping to head down to Arizona in February with my “Rig” and Linda is flying into Palm Springs in March to join me.
    We have friends, that we met on our African adventure, that will be joining us to do a big bike (VStrom 650 and BMW 1200s) trip of Baja.

If you know of a storage area in either south western Arizona or south eastern California that does short term (~2 week) storage that would be very helpful. I need to store my truck with camper and trailer and our friends need to store their motor home and trailer. If any of you have property with space and would like to help out please PM me.

For those of you who have travelled the Baja, is the southern end of hwy 5 doable on our adventure bikes fully loaded and with passengers? The map say 4wd vehicles only.

If any of you have suggestions on what is a “must see” on the Baja, please let me know. We are starting to plan and we will be staying in hotels & motels as we will not be camping.

Thanks
    littletommy likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

I drove 5 in November of 2017 and it was heavily under construction at that time. The old road/detour was not bad and the new sections great. I was towing a 16 foot trailer with 5 bikes and all of our gear and felt it was a better alternative to the congestion of northern 1. When finished will be the best way to travel. There are not many towns so be careful on fuel. Coco's is an experience. San Ignacio was a team favorite, leave the highway and go into old town. The square and church provide some great photo ops. There are several good places to eat in the square. The "Pink" one was able to provide good local knowledge. The Halfway inn right at the boarder crossing at Guerro Negro was our base while the guys were pre-running. Old, cheap, clean, friendly and the maids will do your laundry for a few bucks. The military check points are your friends but they like gifts (hats, shirts, soda) PM me and I will find the list of lodging we used.
    ejfranz, Ken and littletommy like this.
    Me and my white mule

Thanks white mule for the info!

I am not having much luck in finding a place to store my vehicle.
    If you know a good storage area in Southern California or Arizona, please PM me.
    I am picking Linda up from the Palm Springs Airport and we are planning to cross at Mexicali.
    littletommy likes this.
    2001 TW200 sporting a MT43 up front. Duro has gone to a good home. 2015 VStrom XT, 1996 DT 200, Broken 2010 Xingue 400 XY. 2009 WR250r now shared with my son.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The list I sent you was set up for about 230 miles per day. To give you a perspective on distance Ensenada to La Paz is about the same as Portland to San Diago.
    littletommy and ejfranz like this.
    Me and my white mule

RDW
    Sjoerd Bakker published a couple of books on economical hotels in Mexico and central america. He hangs out at: https://advrider.com/

He's a Canadian that has been frequenting Mexico for decades. He's an encyclopedia of information about the area. Search his name at advrider and you should come up with a lot of info.
    littletommy and ejfranz like this.
    2013 TW200---2007 XT225---2014 CB500X
    "Everyday is a school day"

I have seen his posts and I am considering getting his travel book.
    littletommy likes this.

Cabo pulmo is a great place to spend time. Really perfect in many ways

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

Sponosred Links