Anyone have a BMW GS?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have ridden a few bikes lately and do like the ride of the 1200gs. I ridden a new water cooled boxer one and they are sweet . I know a lot of people bad mouth them but a lot of people buy them and many do it over and over.

That was the case today when someone traded in a 2009 for a 2012. He really wanted a larger tank that the adventure offered. I rode the cast away and while it shows more rough edges than the new bike I really do like how they ride, deliver power and handle. I know they are not GREAT off road bikes but the reality is that I don't need that. I took it off on our test track it is does fine tooling it dirt. Lots of low end torque to just put along or throw a rooster tail

If I pick it up I could easily ride it for the season and sell it next and not lose a dime as I can pick it up at $250 over the trade that we took it in. It has 16k which for a 3 year old GS is lower than average. I could do 16k more and be good.

Thoughts?

2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

I think you should buy it, ride until you get tired of it, and then sell it to me. I'll give you $250.00 over what you paid for it.

Ivwas tempted by the new gs but went with the ktm so I can do it all. That said, the gs is a sweet bike for what it is. Much better than verseys, vstroms and klrs that are in the "same category". If youve got the money might as well live while you can.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

no-brainer
    SeatConcepts,carb mod,Shinko tires,15/50 o-ring chain,custom racks f/r, aluminum luggage,windshield,handguards,heated grips,Clarke tank,high frt fender,led running lights,folding shifter, wide pegs,12v outlets,headlight kill switch,voltmeter,stainless header,2nd brakelight,GPS/phone mount

Thanks guys. I am going to ask our BMW mechanic to do it a good once over and pull the service history and recall status etc. If the bike checks out good I may just pull the trigger.

I get a great deal on Ducati which has me a bit torn but the Multistrada would cost me several thousand (4k) more than this used GS and I doubt I would be willing to ride it the way I would a used GS. I doubt I would let it get dirty. That is my flawed mentality : )

The cost on the BMW would be 10k. It has all the bells a whistles and extras like bag mounts and engine bars. I think having all the heated grips and plugs and electronic do-dads would be fun.

I think I am just trying to convince myself
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenmarklay View Post
    Thanks guys. I am going to ask our BMW mechanic to do it a good once over and pull the service history and recall status etc. If the bike checks out good I may just pull the trigger.

I get a great deal on Ducati which has me a bit torn but the Multistrada would cost me several thousand (4k) more than this used GS and I doubt I would be willing to ride it the way I would a used GS. I doubt I would let it get dirty. That is my flawed mentality : )

The cost on the BMW would be 10k. It has all the bells a whistles and extras like bag mounts and engine bars. I think having all the heated grips and plugs and electronic do-dads would be fun.

I think I am just trying to convince myself
    Hi Steve,

Saw this in our local CL. It has some miles on it, but might be a good deal for you.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/3719802743.html

It's a 97 with 56k miles, says excellent condition, might be worth a look for $3300
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lil" Tommy;71056]Hi Steve,

Saw this in our local CL. It has some miles on it, but might be a good deal for you.

[url="http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/3719802743.html
    http://spokane.craig...3719802743.html[/url]

It's a 97 with 56k miles, says excellent condition, might be worth a look for $3300

Hey thanks! I have ridden the old 650. The Fonduro was a the Aprilia built bike. Good bikes but I am looking for a bit more in the power department. I have the 100hp itch

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

The BMW GS is a great bike and will go anywhere you want to go. At 1200 cc there are no other bikes in the "same category". I have been riding for 46 years and have had them all. For me a GS and a TW work great. The big GS does great in the dirt, RawHyde is a school that will teach you to ride them off-road.
    09 TW200

04 BMW 1150GS

61 Sunbeam Alpine

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenmarklay View Post
    Hey thanks! I have ridden the old 650. The Fonduro was a the Aprilia built bike. Good bikes but I am looking for a bit more in the power department. I have the 100hp itch
    I didn't notice that they were different size bikes till later. Just thought I'd send the link to you to look at since it was in our area. It would be hard to beat a deal like you can get working over there though.

I can't hardly imagine a 100 hp dirt bike. I am afraid I would just be a wreck waiting to happen!
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I am a bit torn about this GS or waiting for a f800GS. The size of the 800 is perhaps a little better all around. I do like them both. I like the big torque out of the 1200 for sure.

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links