Fire Pits
Close

Thread: Fire Pits

who else loves bonfires?...lets see some pictures of your pit setups and fires...i know some of you guys with a lot of land must have some rippers...figured i would see if anyone else has any good fire pit ideas as well...

clearing my house lot in 2008...may as well have a fire to get rid of the brush...

new fire pit 2010...fire brick and cobblestones...5' in diameter...

mandatory requirement...

these are fun...

little fire pit maintenance in 2013...my yard slopes at about 5.5% from front to back and all the runoff from a portion of my driveway and back yard flows down through the area of my fire pit...so basically in the area where i burnt all the grass around the pit, the heavy rain loosens the material and the flow from upgrade washes it away filling my pit with water and soil as well as loosening the stones around the pit...so i had some of that black flower bed edging hanging around and bought a little over a half yard of 1.5" blue crushed stone (about 2-3" depth) and some weed fabric to hopefully channel the water around the pit...hopefully it works and the edging doesn't melt or catch fire...

before

after...pay no attention to the 26 xmas trees in the background

Nice work on the firepit.

My makeshift one was made out of old concrete blocks, which soon crumbled into pieces under the heat.

I had to cut down and dispose of a stand of bamboo.

Fire was the easiest way to get rid of it.

jb
    2018 Triumph Street Twin..............2016 CB500F
    2014 XT250 ..................................2008 H-D Softail Deluxe
    2008 SV 650..................................2007 DR 650..

Quote Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
    Nice work on the firepit.

My makeshift one was made out of old concrete blocks, which soon crumbled into pieces under the heat.

I had to cut down and dispose of a stand of bamboo.

Fire was the easiest way to get rid of it.

jb

nice!...i agree concrete and red brick aren't great for fire pits...i had a fire in an old backyard red brick wood grill and the bricks were popping and hot pieces of brick were flying out of it

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Aluminium tractor trailer rims aren't the best either At my neighbors bon fire in such rim on a windy night we decided the fire would be better if we shimmed the rim up with some bricks to get some air flowing. Well it made a perfect blast furnace and melted a good 1/4 of the rim! Wish you were closer point you rock the fires!

Ryan
    '09 TW200 - Black Jimbo Shield - Custom Oversize Foot Pegs - Tusk T-10 ATV Sport Bend Bars - Hammer Black Cycle Rack - Tool Tube (Muffler Style Mount) - 15/50 Sprocket - HID Headlight - Custom Mount Ducati Monster LED Tail Light - LED Turn Signals - Eagle Eye Running Lights - OURY Road Grips - Shinko 700 Trailmaster Front Tire.

Senior Member Leisure Time Larry's Avatar
    I built this one for a campground. Octagon, 48" across, 8 panels - 20" x 24" - 1/4" steel plate - 1" vent holes - 1 1/4" cold rolled round bar for cap - welded and ground smooth - Rustoleum bbq paint - anchored w/ concrete footings

- Leisure Time Larry -
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2004 TW200, 13-54 gearing, Shinko 241, Race Tech Emulators, Procycle front springs, Works Performance rear shock, Emgo handguards, Luckybike mirror risers, Ken Sean DS foldable mirrors, 30mm Tusk bar risers, Seat Concepts, Kick Starter kit, Plasti-dip camo coat, Cycle Pumps, Ricochet Skid Plate, flood and spot LED pod lights, Sena, Garmin etrex 20 GPS, IMS 313114folding shifter

^^ if you've got the tools and skills to pull that off, surely you've made some sweet motorcycle parts eh????
    ITCB

Quote Originally Posted by lrppcer View Post
    I built this one for a campground. Octagon, 48" across, 8 panels - 20" x 24" - 1/4" steel plate - 1" vent holes - 1 1/4" cold rolled round bar for cap - welded and ground smooth - Rustoleum bbq paint - anchored w/ concrete footings

this is sweet...perfect to grill on...I have a truck rim that I use to make my pit smaller to cook on but that looks so much nicer

This isn't really a firepit but it is a result of many beers and a camera. It's a .gif file I made with a bunch of stills. Feel the heat?

Brought home a couple of slices off the pipeline in alaska. Makes a nice 4ft pit. Had to block it up a few inches for air, but it will never wear out.

Sponosred Links