Looking at a BMW f800gs
Close

I have been a little underwhelmed with the bike after spending a lot of time on the new 1200gs water cooled. Its a great bike but I don't want to nor does it make sense to spend that kind of money. I work at a dealer and rode the f800gs several times but never really liked it. Today I rode it and really started to appreciate it. It rides really well, fun when riding hard and easy and has good power in the 5-8k range. I like the heated grips and ABS that come on it too.

I had a VSTROM 650 and a ninja 500 but sold both. I love the TW but do need a bigger bike too. . I never really liked the vstrom looks or the windscreen (unless it was barn door style.) I tried several options and never liked the outcome. It did have a great motor though.

Anyway I am now deciding on what options and if I want to wait for 2014's and order it up. They are right around the corner.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

If you have a good local dealer then go for it. There is also a large aftermarket for them so scratching the farkle bug bites will take some time and money.

I have a F800GS, nice bike...it's loaded up with options. I don't have a way to post a picture here or I would for YA. OM
    "It's more fun going fast on a slow bike than going slow on a fast bike" UK

1994 TW200, 2009 F800GS loaded,

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
    If you have a good local dealer then go for it. There is also a large aftermarket for them so scratching the farkle bug bites will take some time and money.

The good news is that I manage the dealer Still I am just another fickle consumer when choosing a bike. I have been riding one all week and it is pretty easy to live with. I do dig the smooth ride and it is very competent on the road. I think I will get the electronic rear shock which is nice is comfort mode.

You get what you pay for and the uber $ 1200gs is still better...

2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Sponosred Links