Car Oil Change Valve
Close

i was looking for crush washers for my new Subaru and came across this on a forum...not sure how far it threads in though for total oil drain but it's pretty cool...i'm debating on picking one up...too bad we can't have one of these for the TW

http://www.qwikvalve.com/?gclid=CNSs...Fcyf4AodnCMAKg

I just stumbled across this too. Seems pretty neat. If you get one, let us know how it works for you.
    If you can't find it, grind it

1990 TW200

seems like someone thought of something to ensure total draining...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost....54&postcount=7

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Fram made kits with valves like this. It also came with a knurled metal cap with rubber o-ring in case you hit something and bumped your valve to turn on oil flow. The knurled cap sort of defeats the purpose I guess. In theory you could drill out your drain bolt and machine a metal finger tight cap like that

I bought a kit for some car we had and never put it on. Mostly because it doesn't save time or make things cleaner in the end. The oil takes longer to run out than the time saved by not using a socket and ratchet to pull the OEM drain bolt. Just another one of those products you buy for your grandpa at Christmas...

1993 TW200

I've used one branded Dorman EZ-Drain that was similar to the Fram style with a knurled knob on a Chevy S-10 and Isuzu Axiom. If you don't have a skid plate protecting that area I would be worried about accidentally hitting the lever on the Fumoto style. I think all cars should come with these and Speed Bleeders.
    '95 TW200G - TCI skid, ProTaper bars, amber Jimbo, DMO pegs, IRC GP-1, DG-O w/TTR230 header, Brisk BR12ZC, ProCycle jet kit, K&N filter, DID x-ring, TCI Sequoia rack, storage tube, JNS light

'04 Buell XB12S Lightning - Drummer exhaust, race ECM, K&N, open airbox, RC right side scoop, Corbin seat, fender eliminator Michelin Pilot Power 2CT

Quote Originally Posted by Point37 View Post
    i was looking for crush washers for my new Subaru and came across this on a forum...not sure how far it threads in though for total oil drain but it's pretty cool...i'm debating on picking one up...too bad we can't have one of these for the TW

Fumoto Valve | Qwik Valve™
    I have used those valves before & at first was a little worried that the snap ring would fail & drain the oil .
    They hold up very well on autos & trucks but I wouldn't feel comfortable using one on a motorcycle because of ground clearence or a stick or rock hitting the thing.

Yeah but the location of the drain might be ok for the TW. Especially with a better bash plate.
    2011 TW200: Protaper Fat Bars, IMS Pegs, Cyclerack, Moose Racing Tail Bag, Cyrca Handguards, VStrom Mirrors, Jimbo Shield, Oxford Heated Grips, ProCycle 15k spring, 2x2cycles rack, seat concepts, Cyclops Adventure Sports LED conversion

2014 BMW F800GS

2007 BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by deton8r View Post
    I've used one branded Dorman EZ-Drain that was similar to the Fram style with a knurled knob on a Chevy S-10 and Isuzu Axiom. If you don't have a skid plate protecting that area I would be worried about accidentally hitting the lever on the Fumoto style. I think all cars should come with these and Speed Bleeders.
    it does have a spring loaded lock on it to prevent an accidental opening

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo413 View Post
    I have used those valves before & at first was a little worried that the snap ring would fail & drain the oil .
    They hold up very well on autos & trucks but I wouldn't feel comfortable using one on a motorcycle because of ground clearence or a stick or rock hitting the thing.
    the oil plug on my car is higher than other parts of the car so I feel comfortable with it...I haven't put it on yet cause I did my first oil change before it came in...on a motorcycle I would want it on the back side of the engine or very well protected on the side

Quote Originally Posted by stephenmarklay View Post
    Yeah but the location of the drain might be ok for the TW. Especially with a better bash plate.
    that's what I was thinking

I worked for a heavy equipment rental company while living in the Indianapolis area. We used the Fram style units, they worked great. Quick hook up and compact, no spills using the drain tube... Highly recommend this type. If they make them for motorcycles I want one for each bike.
    John

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
    -Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Deus Regnat Exultet Terra

Bad JUJU as thet could be wacked off and probably destroy the motor

I am 65 and never have changed a metal gasket washer

Sponosred Links