Tesla automobiles
Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By elime

Thread: Tesla automobiles

Looking for Tesla Automobiles

Yesterday while cruising around I happen to see 6 or 7 Tesla cars. Tesla is an electric car for the rich with a lot of government tax write offs (or incentives to buy) associated with it.

I did manage to get decent pictures of four of them. I also cruised through the Tesla Headquarters parking lot but so far I have managed to screw up the video editing 3 times and I am not sure I want to try again. If I do I will post it here.

So....... how many people have seen Tesla cars on the streets near your homes?

Also in my travels I passed a Google Self Driving Car. It says "self driving" on the right side of the rear bumper. There is a person in the driver's seat. I think he is there in case there is a computer crash, a real crash, or the car gets lost.

Last edited by elime; 08-23-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Scutler likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Knowingly seen none. However, just a day or two ago I saw a report which listed this vehicle as "the safest in history" or something like that according to consumer reports.
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

I've seen them around the bay area. Cool cars, but the fact that you have to charge an electric car for hours after depleting the battery is just not practical for any use other than around town commuting IMHO.
    Last edited by Scutler; 08-22-2013 at 01:44 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

The company I worked for makes some of the battery supports for them........................ OMM.

Another exciting video for your enjoyment!

And how uncool! No TW's in the motorcycle parking lot.

Last edited by elime; 08-22-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

A fool and his money are soon parted

I don't know if I have ever seen one on the street - I pay more attention to bikes and trucks than cars.

I do know they opened a "showroom" inside a shopping mall in my area. They have 2 cars in it and twice that many salespeople.

Quote Originally Posted by admiral View Post
    Knowingly seen none. However, just a day or two ago I saw a report which listed this vehicle as "the safest in history" or something like that according to consumer reports.
    Yeah - I saw that also. One of the reasons for the safety is that, since they don't have to fill the whole front end up with an engine, they can afford to have a large crumple zone up there.

I seen one of them in san francisco. It was the roadster model. Nice ride. Wouldnt want to own one personally. If I went electric. Would have to go with the car anthony keedis owns. Thats the lead singer of the red hot chilli peppers. I won't tell you about it. Ill let you google it . Knowledge is power..Expand your mind.

Sponosred Links