Was it a Lamborghini or Porsche?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Was it a Lamborghini or Porsche?

Was it a Lamborghini or Porsche?

As I was riding up Hwy 9 conducting my Avgas experiment I came across a parked Lamborghini with a young lady looking over the edge of the road. I stopped to see if she needed help. She said a car had just gone off the road. I looked over the edge and there was an exotic, high performance car, in amongst the trees. I couldn't tell what kind it was but the one on the road was a Lamborghini so I thought it too was a Lamborghini.

The next day the paper said a Porsche had gone off the road. My mission became to go back to the crash site and determine what kind of car it was.

This is that story.

admiral likes this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

The rear 'turbo' logo is from a Porsche. Hope the driver is okay, but, no matter what you drive, it's never okay to be an idiot on public roads.
    Gone - 2006 TW200
    Gone - 2014 CB1100
    2015 WR250R - Bored, stroked
    Gone - 2000 Trans Am
    Stolen - 2007 Trailblazer SS
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    1977 Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 710M

2 Timothy 1:7

sherlock tony with his famous accident reconstruction and investigations! was that yellow plastic part of the airbags? could have put that turbo logo on the T-dub! a porsche-yamaha hybrid for you....

i'm surprised that wasn't crawling with poison oak??
    DonBenito and admiral like this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kdick91 View Post
    The rear 'turbo' logo is from a Porsche. Hope the driver is okay, but, no matter what you drive, it's never okay to be an idiot on public roads.
    I knew it was from a Porsche. Last I heard the driver and passenger survived. Had I left my house a minute or two sooner I may have been a victim of his foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    sherlock tony with his famous accident reconstruction and investigations! was that yellow plastic part of the airbags? could have put that turbo logo on the T-dub! a porsche-yamaha hybrid for you....

i'm surprised that wasn't crawling with poison oak??
    He was going to fast and lost control and slid off the road into some trees. No mystery here.

The firemen left the yellow tarp.

You're a nature guy and since you brought up poison oak -- I have read that the local Indians used to eat a little poison oak and this gave them immunity to the ill effects of the plant. Have you ever heard of that?
    Last edited by elime; 09-13-2013 at 05:36 AM.

Don't experment with that one Tony!

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    Last I heard the driver and passenger survived. Had I left my house a minute or two sooner I may have been a victim of his foolishness.
    He was going to fast and lost control and slid off the road into some trees. No mystery here. The firemen left the yellow tarp.
    sounds like a burma shave ad:

hey driver... a fast car... a slow corner.... soon you'll find.... a nice coroner. my cousin rides his bike up there and was almost taken out last month by a nissan gtr practicing drifting. almost makes you wish darwin worked faster for them before they take out someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    You're a nature guy and since you brought up poison oak -- I have read that the local Indians used to eat a little poison oak and this gave them immunity to the ill effects of the plant. Have you ever heard of that?
    i have heard that.... though have never been brave or foolish enough to try it. luckily i seem to not be overly sensitive too it, and can spot it a long ways off.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Thanks CSI Tony
    Hidden Content A ride in the woods helps me relax and release tension. The fact I'm dragging a body should be entirely irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemama View Post
    Don't experment with that one Tony!

Joe
    I was kinda hoping you would volunteer..............for science..........and the benefit of your fellow forum members.

LOL ha ha ha

I'm glad no one died. Hopefully the driver is a little wiser now. Thanks for checking it out, Tony.
    My handle is B-dub, I ride a T-dub, and drive a V-dub.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links