Should i buy a Honda Sabre 750 cc?
Close

Should i buy a Honda Sabre 750 cc?

I checked one out in my town after seeing the ad om craigslist. Bike starts up faster than my TW. Has some light paint corrosion. Engine and exhaust sounds are amazing. Mechanically, everything looks okay from outside. I test rode it and i like the speed and noise but hated the handling and weight compared to a TW. Has ~25,000 miles. Comes with spare parts. Titled and plated and currently inspected. Owner has agreed to even have a full service inspection done at a shop if i pay. Bike + spare parts = $1,000. Owner originally had bike in the 80s or 90s but sold it to pay for bills, then bought it back years later from the second guy. But now the bills have caught up with him again. Anyone here have any experience with Honda's 4 cylinder bikes?

this is just my opinion but i am very hesitant to buy a big cruiser under 1000cc just cause i hear they are slow, underpowered for their weight but very comfortable to ride...but i also wouldn't want to go to a 1300 or 1400 cause i feel likes it's unnecessary power and weight...i feel like right around 1000cc is the sweet spot...i have been in the market for another bike and i was looking into a honda vt1100 and the honda vtx 1300 line and from what i was reading the vt1100 was lower maintenance and handled better than the vtx...in the end it really only comes down to what you like though...i think as a brand a honda will go for a long time so it's probably a pretty safe used bike to buy...if you like it, the price is right for the mileage and the maintenance schedule isn't crazy i'd say go for it...i had 2 honda 4 cyl sportbikes so it's not really comparable but they ran every time i hit the start button

If you like it and it runs well for a $1000 how can you go wrong?

Maybe offer $850 or $900.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

If you don't plan on spending a lot of time on the freeway then 750cc is plenty as far as I'm concerned. But if you don't like the weight and handling, keep looking! For me good handling is on top of the must have list.
    If your only tool is a hammer

Everything looks like a nail

I want to get a Honda CB500X too in the future

My only experience was with the old Honda CB 750's. Good fast bike and was very dependable.

Watch out for cam wear and waterpump seal leakage. That said the V-4 Hondas where very smooth and made good power.

Sponosred Links