Can I borrow some one`s tow strap?
Close

2008 TW200

2008 TW200

2008 TW200

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Time and Tide wait for no man or dumbass.

Some of those look like they were taken at Pismo Beach on the central California coast. It is the only beach (to my knowledge) which you can drive/ride ATV's on in California. In order to reach the riding area you have to cross a creek which rises and falls with the tide, that seems to be where most people run into problems. The last time I was there about seven years ago I arrived very early on a Saturday morning in my two-wheel drive T100 and parked near the creek to watch someone braver than me take the first plunge. A few minutes four or five other cars and trucks were parked around me each of waiting for the other to make the first move. I had friends who were camped on the other side and I finally got tired of waiting so I dropped my truck into gear, and took the plunge. I didn't get stuck (there, the dry sand farther in became my downfall later) however the lip I thought was a couple of inches high turned-out to be four or five inches! I dropped into the water fine but knew I would have problems driving-up the lip on the other side so I gassed it and hit a little (actually a lot) harder than I probably should have. Sand went everywhere! I made it out of the creek bed and safely onto the other side and even got a few cheers from some of the folks who I had been waiting with. I did the macho "it was nothing" thing and motored over to where my friends were (where I got stuck). Later that day when I left to go back to town where I was staying I crossed where other trucks had and the lip was worn-down. Knowing when low-tide is key. Luckily I had a tide chart and used that as my guide. Most of the people who have problems there try and cross when the tide is too high or the amount of alcohol in their veins is too great.

--Kevin
    '04 TW - Ricochet skid plate, IMS pegs, Odyssey battery, Seat Concepts seat, wide front tire. Geared low N' Slow Hidden Content

Honda Grom
    KTM 990 Adventure

Sponosred Links