750cc 3cyl 2-stroke wow!
Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 750cc 3cyl 2-stroke wow!

750cc 3cyl 2-stroke wow!

would love to ride one of these one day! and a funny CL ad

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/4207268999.html
    Last edited by jckosnow; 11-22-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    2012 TW200, 1993 KLR650, 1992 GSX750F

Quote Originally Posted by jckosnow View Post
    would love to ride one of these one day!

Be careful what you wish for...

littletommy and DonBenito like this.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lizrdbrth View Post
    Be careful what you wish for...
    ha ha ha LoL You know it Lizrdbrth!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I owned 2 of these bikes the best one was a 1975 H1F MKIII 500cc Candy Gold color ( I loved this bike) I put around 25,000 miles on it before selling it about 2 years later to buy a 1978 Z1R-TC, before that I owned a 1971 H2 MKIV ( it was really beat did not keep it long) Very fast bikes that did not handle worth a crap, bad fuel mileage, bad brakes, bad seating position for comfort. But a whole lot of super torque-y fun. I remember paying $875 for the MKIII in 1978, I believe the MKIV was around $350.00
    When they introduced the H1 MKIII was the quickest production motorcycle made just under 13 second quarter mile.
    littletommy likes this.
    2015 CSC RX3, TW200 2013 (for sale), 2011 Ural Gobi, 1995 GL1500SE (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by jckosnow View Post
    would love to ride one of these one day! and a funny CL ad Nothing funny about it, he is telling the truth.

74 h2 750
    jckosnow- I don't know how old you are or if you have ridden one of these, but in their day...That was the fastest production motorcycle in the world. Lizrdbrth had his experiences on one, I have too. I had one to 140 mph with 2 people on it and also did a few 50mph+ wheelies. These are screaming machines, not a lot of them around anymore or their riders. A lot of people got killed on these. It was flat out dangerous, but what a rush!! It could leave your knee's knocking and your whole body shaking with adreneline after a wild ride. Honestly, they had more power than you can even describe and once you got to around 4 or 5 thousand rpms and were still gunning it, it just came alive, you were at redline before you could blink, on one wheel.
    Last edited by littletommy; 11-22-2013 at 06:33 PM.
    keithmaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
    .........the H1 MKIII was the quickest production motorcycle made just under 13 second quarter mile.
    And it left a huge cloud of smoke!
    littletommy and Fred like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

great description littletommy really sums it up I too had mine to a tick over 140 but I was alone, and accidentally passed a cop who luckily never caught up to me or did not bother to chase I will never know which
    littletommy and Fred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    And it left a huge cloud of smoke!
    yes at times you would get that 2 stroke puff

Quote Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
    great description littletommy really sums it up I too had mine to a tick over 140 but I was alone, and accidentally passed a cop who luckily never caught up to me or did not bother to chase I will never know which
    Yeah, they were really something!! I've learned to slow down over the years and aren't as crazy as I once was. Now days, I am perfectly happy plugging along at 40 or 50 mph. I don't even like going on the highway anymore. I love riding so much and always have. I only want one thing now days and that is to live to ride tomorrow! I'd love hearing from any other members who happened to ride one of these old mach 3's.

Keith, you gotta read Lizrdbrth's story about these. I forgot where it is, but it's worth reading and funny. You would get a kick out of it.
    Last edited by littletommy; 11-22-2013 at 06:49 PM.

This should make any of us old farts who ever rode one cringe. lol.

I have seen one of these in the flesh. The only clue that they weren't born this way is a line of gorgeous tig work where the extra cylinder was tacked on. It's beautiful work, but the thought of riding one with an extra 250cc's just makes my butt pucker. lol. But the guy will build you one just like it if your affairs are in order.

Last edited by lizrdbrth; 11-22-2013 at 07:42 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Powdercoated '87 frame, extended swingarm, YZ fork legs, ATV tire, 14/55, XT350 tank, spliced quick-release seat, disc brake conversion, beeg headlight, beeger rack, Lizrdcooler, Lizrdventz and bunch of other stuff all covered in invisible ink.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponosred Links