Who lives in Georgia?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm gonna be in Marietta, GA this week. Flying down over night for an employment interview. I'll be getting there Wed. after 3 pm., interview the next day (not past 5 pm.), and then have to be at the airport by 7:30pm on Thur..

I'm really hoping I get the job. It'll be nice to have money as well as time to get some riding in.

Anybody got some info on the area north of Atlanta? If I do get the job I'll need to figure out where to get an apartment.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

15/50 sprockets, O-ring chain, D2Moto foot pegs

tweaked carb (127.5 jet, 0.019 needle shim, idle screw @2.25),

Rubbermaid "Action Packer" on homemade brackets

I'm in GA but I'm up here next to NC.

There's plenty of good riding in N GA. Check out the gartra site. TWO in suches has a site. KLR650.net has an active ride thread. Dixie Dualsport is good also. ADV's, southeast regional forum has a georgia thread that is very active.

I don't know much about the Marrietta area. You may be able to rent a small house for around the same price or look up a deal on a bank owned property and buy. I wouldn't want to commute very far in the traffic. I know a guy with some rental houses around Canton area. He may have something available.

You don't have to travel too far from Marrietta to be in the country again.

Good luck on the job.

When relocating I suggest doing a month motel rental at first, near your work. Costs about the same as rent on an apartment. That gives a chance to look around for a month before signing a lease.

Commuting in any city sucks. Try to find a place close to work. Be sure any businesses you need, like grocery, restaurant, boobie bar, etc., are nearby.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Got a job offer. Just have to pass the background screening, and drug test. No problems there. Start date will be somewhere between Dec. 13th and Jan. 3rd.

I've already found an apartment. The interview ended about 1 in the afternoon, so I had time to look around. I happened to find a referral place that helps find apartments based on my preferences. They gave me a list of 7 or 8 to look at. I liked the one with a 24 hr guard at the gate. I'm in the application process now. It's just under 7 miles from where I'll be working. No major roads to fight traffic on.

Now it's a matter of getting down there. Car, bike, large tool box, other tool box, canoe, furniture..... <sigh> I'm gonna drive down in the car, get the keys to the apt. and garage, then fly back & load a rental truck & drive it down.

I'm gonna be busy sorting, packing, and throwing stuff away this next week.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

Good luck on your move and job. Most of the apartment finder places should be able to match you up with something decent. There's tons of apartments in the Marietta area, some of them are decent and some just look decent. There's tons to do out there and a few places to ride dirt too.

http://www.highlandparkresort.com/

Quote Originally Posted by srs713 View Post
    Got a job offer. Just have to pass the background screening, and drug test. No problems there. Start date will be somewhere between Dec. 13th and Jan. 3rd.

I've already found an apartment. The interview ended about 1 in the afternoon, so I had time to look around. I happened to find a referral place that helps find apartments based on my preferences. They gave me a list of 7 or 8 to look at. I liked the one with a 24 hr guard at the gate. I'm in the application process now. It's just under 7 miles from where I'll be working. No major roads to fight traffic on.

Now it's a matter of getting down there. Car, bike, large tool box, other tool box, canoe, furniture..... <sigh> I'm gonna drive down in the car, get the keys to the apt. and garage, then fly back & load a rental truck & drive it down.

I'm gonna be busy sorting, packing, and throwing stuff away this next week.

Keep your moving receipts for the sake of tax purposes. It'll be a nice addition to your itemized deductions; and if you don't itemize then maybe the expenses of moving would make it worth it.

Link to IRS website and form:http://taxes.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1...ics/tc455.html
    Sold bike.

Youtube vids of old TW's acceleration:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Congrats on the new job. I hope it works out well for you.

My fate is in the hands of the security company that is doing a background check on me right now. When they give the recruiter the green light, I'll get a call with my actual start date. Until I get that call, I'm kinda nervous. I know I've been a good boy, but... until they look, there is no way of knowing if there is some oddity in my past that catches their attention.

I'm stepping out into thin air right now... I've applied for an apartment already. I'm planning on starting my move down there early next month even if I haven't received my start date.

The one thing that helps is what one of the recruiters said. "No news is good news." The only reason the security company would contact me is to clarify something they don't like. So... the longer I don't hear from them the more likely it's just moving along without problems.

<sigh> Still... waiting for up to two weeks to find out is frustrating. I just have to remember that it's only been one week, and part of that was a holiday. It's only been 4 working days.

Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

Waiting is always stressful. Can't imagine why it takes two weeks. I wouldn't sign my name to anything as far as leases go until all is confirmed, but you are wise to have everything packed and ready to move at a moment's notice.

I took a leap of faith, that my life is boring enough to pass a background check.

I drove the car down to Georgia this last weekend. Signed for the apartment and got the keys on Monday. Sure enough, while I was waiting in the office for them to shuffle some paperwork I got the call from the Lockheed recruiter. My start date is Jan. 10th.

The most interesting thing I've discovered during this whole time is that even with a bankruptcy in '05 and the last year & half on unemployment, I still have excellent credit. No deposits needed on the apartment or the utilities.
    Stephen S.

'07 TW200:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links