What would you do?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

I witnessed this. The guy in the red shirt and his wife were walking down the sidewalk. The silver Honda pulls out from the gas station and crosses the sidewalk in front of them and stopped waiting for traffic to clear. The guy in the red shirt and his wife walk around front of the Honda and start demanding the driver back up. The driver refused. In the mean time the maroon Buick can't get out. (By the time I took the picture the wife was at the passenger side window talking into it.)

I cranked up the telephoto lens for a closer shot but it came out blurry, Notice the guy in the brown shirt calmly walks around behind the car and is well on his way. This is what I have done many, many time. This is what everybody does. This is the only time I have ever seen someone demanding the car back up!

I crank in a little more telephoto lens. You can see the people across the street looking at what was happening. Two cops drove by while this was going on. A Santa Clara County Sheriff and a San Jose City Police Officer. I don't know why but neither stopped. Maybe even they thought this was to stupid to get involved.

If you were the driver what would you do? The guy in the red shirt kept saying "I have all day and I am not moving". Some people would think running the guy over would be a good idea. Others would back away -- thinking this really isn't worth a fight or getting into very serious trouble over.

Is there anyone siding with the guy in the red shirt?

The red shirt guy eventually gave in and walked away. Still, standing in front of an automobile and daring the guy to run you over is very stupid.

Final thought -- NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THE GOGGLE CAM! This would have made a really great video! I would have tried for an interview. I have several interviews with people that didn't know they were being recorded. I don't show them publicly without their permission but with this guy I might have made an exception.
    mmmsssggg21 and admiral like this.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Well i'm with you, why couldn't they have just walked round the back of the car.
    What a pair of knobs
    mmmsssggg21 and wildcat like this.

Cant fix stupid.......but you CAN run his dumbass over...........
    small's and admiral like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

rbm
    If I were the driver of the car, I'd have let them walk by before I pulled out that far to begin with. If I were the guy in the red shirt, I'd not have blocked the car because you never know what the dumbasses in this world will do, kinda surprised he didn't get run over or shot nowadays...
    mmmsssggg21, fasteer and wildcat like this.

The guy in the red shirt is a jerk, although he is probably technically correct.

I would not consider him worth getting upset about and would just back up in order to get rid of him.
    admiral, williamemack and wildcat like this.

tony,
    were you at REI getting darrell a gps to go with HIS bike?
    Bagger likes this.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joeband View Post
    tony,
    were you at REI getting darrell a gps to go with HIS bike?
    Big D got a tach instead.

And he already has a GPS -- remember the 2 I got for 99 cents? One if those is his.

There are places in SJ where this guy would at the very least be all black and blue.
    Last edited by elime; 12-13-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    Big D got a tach instead.

And he already has a GPS -- remember the 2 I got for 99 cents? One if those is his.
    oh that's right. $.49, don't let it be said you aren't a big spender!

Quote Originally Posted by elime View Post
    There are places in SJ where this guy would at the very least be all black and blue.
    yeah, much closer to my neighborhood.
    1994 TW226- 6spd. 10w-40 synthetic, XTHidden Content , XT225 stainless header, +2" Joemama swingarm, lizrd cooler, +20% fork springs, +25% rear spring, 2001 speedo w/ trip odo, pro taper atv bars, bark busters, shinko 241 front tire, front fender w/ mr bracket bracket, Hidden Content , o-ring chain, ricochet skid plate, Hidden Content , XT225 rear brake cam lever, folding-tip shifter, cycle rack, kolpin 1.5 aux tank & 1450 pelican case. Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I would just back up. People are unpredictable and its not worth getting hurt over. I would be cursing the whole time I was backing up though.
    admiral likes this.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

you may be right and still be a d*ck about it. the way i've always thought about it... i'd rather wrong and rolling, than right and run over.
    admiral likes this.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links