The Dogs wanted to go for a walk in the woods today....
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: The Dogs wanted to go for a walk in the woods today....

The Dogs wanted to go for a walk in the woods today....

We've got a coyote problem, so I don't take the Pack to the woods without a weapon. Not that I don't know they can kill the 'yotes, But I'd rather they just surround them and I finish it off. (I've got 5 mixed breed rescues, all 50-70 pounds). Anyhow, check out my rifle, it was a we bit nippy.

r80rt and Dubzha like this.

Haha this sounds like a different world to where I come from!

If I were carrying that out with the dog I myself would be shot by the police
    Fred likes this.
    View my build/off road riding here with lots of pics and vids Hidden Content

Uk TW/ Suzuki LTZ250 off road rider only

Flat out or back out.

Man that rifle sure looks frosty! Coyotes are a problem ya just gotta deal with the old fashioned way.
    Last edited by r80rt; 01-10-2014 at 06:02 AM.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skippyboyo2 View Post

Now, I happen to know that there are places in the UK where you can own and carry one of those. Game keepers for example can. There's a gent on another board that posts all of the time. Of course, he's got to get permission from the local constabulary and jump through the hoops and can only have so many... and I thought you were OK in Australia for leverguns?

And while there are plenty of coyotes around here, I've never come across any while walking with my dogs in the woods - they seem to hear us coming and beat feet long before we can see them. The dogs do go running after things that I never do see - probably some coyotes but I've never heard them get into any fights. One is a 50 lb yellow lab/pit bull mix and the other a great dane, so they'd have no worries. They run loose around my place and have shown signs of scraping with something before but I have no idea what it was.

I carry a handgun when I go - much handier and stays warm and protected on my hip
    Last edited by OSOK; 01-07-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Tom Bettiker and Dubzha like this.
    God is great and beer is good and people are crazy.

OCS, MP
    125th Company MSSG

2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2013 Tdub
    2011 Kubota L3200 4x4 with a bucket Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by OSOK View Post
    And while there are plenty of coyotes around here, I've never come across any while walking with my dogs in the woods - they seem to hear us coming and beat feet long before we can see them.

I only see them when they are chasing game. The deer run right through the area, and if the tail is up, cock the lever and be ready. No luck so far. recently I saw them from the house, I was able to grab the house shotgun and sneak up on him while eh was trying to run down a doe. I mistakenly had the wrong round in the chamber, and as I tried to chamber a slug, he heard the slightest click and ran off. Twice now I've had my sights on one but I had the wrong weapon. Damn 'yotes.

Quote Originally Posted by skippyboyo2 View Post

I went to the mailbox once with the rifle on my shoulder, just as the sheriff drove by. He asked if all was Okay, I told him "Damned Coyotes". He said "Cool, good luck".

They know me. We have a drunken bully in the neighborhood. He started crap with a neighboring family, I went and got the kids and brought them here to get them out of the language. He came here and said something to me while I was teaching the proper way to swing a baseball bat. Then he fell down. (Damn booze) He called the sheriffs because he fell down. They came to see me about it.

They said "We don't know what happened but he's really drunk. Thanks".
    Dubzha and r80rt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bettiker View Post
    I went to the mailbox once with the rifle on my shoulder, just as the sheriff drove by. He asked if all was Okay, I told him "Damned Coyotes". He said "Cool, good luck".

They know me. We have a drunken bully in the neighborhood. He started crap with a neighboring family, I went and got the kids and brought them here to get them out of the language. He came here and said something to me while I was teaching the proper way to swing a baseball bat. Then he fell down. (Damn booze) He called the sheriffs because he fell down. They came to see me about it.

They said "We don't know what happened but he's really drunk. Thanks".
    That's Karma. I'm sure the Sheriff likes the suppport.
    Tom Bettiker likes this.
    ~ Brian

Life's too short to be in a hurry... Ride a T-Dub Hidden Content

2013 TW200
    2004 VTX 1300
    Hidden Content The Spirit of the Lizrd Rolls Forever.

We have 'yotes here too. See them a lot on horseback when we aren't chatting on a ride. Our one mare really dislikes them, actually turns toward them when she winds them...strange behavior.

Anyway, the .22 bolt gun is mighty handy if you can sit around and call them out of the fence line, but I've never had frost like that on my rifle!
    Tom Bettiker likes this.

I see coyotes on my trail cams at night but not during the day. I don't take the time to hunt them. I keep a rifle by the back door for my favorite nemisis....woodchucks that burrow under my outbuildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    I see coyotes on my trail cams at night but not during the day. I don't take the time to hunt them. I keep a rifle by the back door for my favorite nemisis....woodchucks that burrow under my outbuildings.
    You need some dogs Varmints simply don't last long enough around my place to dig anything
    Tom Bettiker likes this.
    God is great and beer is good and people are crazy.

OCS, MP
    125th Company MSSG

2013 Jeep Wrangler
    2013 Tdub
    2011 Kubota L3200 4x4 with a bucket Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponosred Links