10mm Sockets; My Despair
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 10mm Sockets; My Despair

10mm Sockets; My Despair

Why, oh why does it seem like everytime I go to the tool box, the 10mm socket is missing? It's like the odd sock of the tool box -- like socks it will just inexplicably disappear. (I can no longer blame this on the kid, he's been out of the house for a decade now.)
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

I feel your pain. I even went to Sears and bought 6 extra 10mm sockets and put them in my tool boxes. I think they got together and escaped the compound……….
    TW-Brian and Saltycracker like this.
    Chris Reitzel
    Hidden Content
    2007 TW 200
    Too many Hummers

That was me, I borrowed it cuz mine was missing.
    TW-Brian, maddawgj and admiral like this.
    -Bill

Kawi ZRX1200
    Yamaha TW Two Hundirt

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

might have something to do with it being the first size to be used to removeseats, plastics,shields.etc. so its the first tool to be laid down .in 37yrs. of working on import cars and jap bikes its the most used size in my tool box so its goten lost or broken or worn out more than any other size .the trick is to buy 3or4 of this size ,so when you loose one and grab another the lost one will show up.lol

Somewhere there is a huge pile of 10 mm sockets
    littletommy and FishByte like this.

Probably hauled off by a mouse and piled up in someone's air intake.

Quote Originally Posted by gfletcb View Post
    Somewhere there is a huge pile of 10 mm sockets
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

Good to hear that you guys share my issue. I have three sockets and two wrenches and it is hard to find one pretty much every time. I bought an extra socket and put it in my glove box and it has saved my ass a few times. I believe mice use 10 mm bolts to build their homes in the garage walls. When they lose one, they just grab another from the toolbox.
    Fred likes this.
    '13 690 Enduro R too many frickin farkles...
    '07 KLX250 farkled (wife's bike)
    '86 BW80 farkled to size
    '10 TW200 you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    ...the trick is to buy 3or4 of this size ,so when you loose one and grab another the lost one will show up.lol
    How true is that. I go to the hardware store to buy a toilet plunger because we can't find ours and the very next day -- we find ours. I still don't know how I lost a toilet plunger of all things.
    The value of the internet is that when you're wrong someone will immediately correct you, and when you're right, someone will immediately correct you". Lizrdbrth

Hi. My name is Qwerty. I'm a 10mm socket loser. 10mm wrenches, too. Mine have my name etched on them. Please send them home if you find one.

Dubzha likes this.

If you find my 10mm, please let me know if you find 72 1-off socks missing their other matching sock too.
    Hidden Content [/IMG]It's not why, but why not. Do it for the right reason now, versus the wrong reason later.
    Born on a Honda Z50, '78 YZ 80, '79 Husky WR 250

2008 TDub--Jimbo Shield, Lizard Oil Cooler, Blaster Shock, YZ Hybrid Forks, Supermoto front fender, ATV Bars, Acerbis Brake Cover, 1460 Pelican Case, Cycle Rack, Power Core, Gold Chain.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links