50 years ago
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 50 years ago

50 years ago

i was just wondering how many of you remember watching the beatles on ed sullivan 50 years ago .it started the british invasion and a lot of good music for that era. i remember our whole family watching the show .i'll never forget my dad ranting and raving about the long hair and the girls screeming and fainting .it's funny,considering now days thoes boys would be considered clean cut ,what with the suit snd ties ,shined shoes (beatle boots). nowdays even rednecks have longer hair.i even had long hair in the early 70's untill it got caught in a creaperwheel at work(ouch big time) .short hair after that lol
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.

Where I live in Arkansas, 50 years ago television channels didn't have enough signal power to reach us, We didn't have a TV anyway.
    Last edited by r80rt; 02-07-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    Mel, Hoot Gibson and rurlndum like this.
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

The Ed Sullivan Show was one of the weekly shows we, as a family, would watch every week so we did watch the Beatles that night. My dad, a politically conservative WWII vet, believed the world was going to hell in a handbasket and The Beatles, with their long hair, were a prime example of what was wrong with the world. He died in '99 so he lived to see a lot more of what he considered degenerative things and wasn't afraid to tell people what he believed. As he aged though, he actually liked some of the Beatles songs and I believe the Beatles produced some of the most remarkable pop music ever recorded..

Now that I'm old I understand many of his positions and politics however.
    Last edited by Tirebiter; 02-07-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelled beatles wrong
    Hoot Gibson and Fred like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

I remember.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I sure do!

It is hard to believe 50 years has gone by.
    Long live the internal combustion engine!

Gee, if I'd only known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!!
    Fred likes this.
    1st John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Hidden Content <<<Click here. Hidden Content

I was betting at school that they wouldn't make it 6 months....... Boy was I wrong....... OMM.

Hell I was in 9th grade at Celina {OH} High School, and remember watching the old Black and White at home with the screaming 14 and 15 year old chicks{back when the eye docs were making a killing by having all of us wear glasses}, bouncing up and down ... thinking to myself..."Well There Goes Surfer Music"

Quote Originally Posted by Tirebiter View Post
    The Ed Sullivan Show was one of the weekly shows we, as a family, would watch every week so we did watch the Beetles that night. My dad, a politically conservative WWII vet, believed the world was going to hell in a handbasket and The Beetles, with their long hair, were a prime example of what was wrong with the world. He died in '99 so he lived to see a lot more of what he considered degenerative things and wasn't afraid to tell people what he believed. As he aged though, he actually liked some of the Beetles songs and I believe the Beetles produced some of the most remarkable pop music ever recorded..

Now that I'm old I understand many of his positions and politics however.
    Yea, my old man was a strong right wing type when I was growing up.....now I make him {passed away in 1972} look like a Rainbow Warrior Lib Type...being just a bit to the right of Atilla the Hun myself these days
    rurlndum and Tirebiter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot Gibson View Post
    Yea, my old man was a strong right wing type when I was growing up.....now I make him {passed away in 1972} look like a Rainbow Warrior Lib Type...being just a bit to the right of Atilla the Hun myself these days
    Yeah, it's funny how life looks different as we pile on years and experiences. One thing dad did instill in me was a strong work ethic and that I need to understand the consequences of my actions and accept them....hopefully learning something along the way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponosred Links