Close

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Landser
  • 1 Post By Joemama
  • 1 Post By qwerty
  • 1 Post By Landser

Thread: Dubya Cee Bee Ka......

Dubya Cee Bee Ka......

Our local radio station (WCBK-FM) has,for the past 40+ years had a call in program called "Sell and Swap Shop".As you can imagine,listeners call in to sell or to mention they're interested in whatever. It's a popular service to our community,but,it's even better entertainment. Regularly, the callers are lookin' fer: mud tars, a transfer case fer his 4X4 Ford, a cheap car fer under $500,etc.,or,they want to sell a '64 Buick left fender, far wud,a ringer washer,a 900lb rock' that looks 'ta have gold it in'(!). I imagine that many other small town radio stations have a similar program,so if your station offers such and you haven't listened in ,do so. Ya never know what the next cousin-humper will call in with......
    roost131, grizzlygpa and Dubzha like this.

These shows really are great entertainment.. you never know what you are going to hear.
    2012 Suzuki DR650
    2014 Yamaha TW200

Was thet finder fer a duce an a quarter or a la saber??? I listen to one of those most mornings.. The announcer occasionally adds some great comments during the re-cap....

4. Remove Advertisements
    TW200Forum.com
    Advertisements

Yup, we've got AdRadio and sometimes the deals are great. I bought a "metal thing" that the caller said her late husband built in the garage. I had to go look. It turned out to be a really well designed & built 42" hand press brake. She wouldn't take over $5 for it.....just get it out of here! I use it all the time. She had a lot of other stuff I picked up too.

Last summer I got a water softer (he said softer not softener) for $10. He bought it new and couldn't figure out how to hook it up.

I'm going today to go look at a 42" bottom roll-a-way and top tool box set for $100 that was on last weekend. After getting it home, the guy said it was too big for the spot he wanted to put it in. Seems like he'd have measured before he bought it!? It's a Homak...don't know if they're any good. The show is only on Saturday mornings and I try to listen every week. Sometimes you wonder if some things are stolen.

Yall makin fun of Tradio?? I got my best stuff there!
    Only a fool would attempt it, and God help me, I am that fool!

Many years ago while listening to The Tradeing Post on KBLC my good friend called in looking to buy a set of bunk beds. I called his number in a disguised voice of a challened person offering to buy the bunk beds that he was also wanting to buy. Trying not to laugh the whole time we went back and forth for a few minutes, After he finally convinved me that he was not going to sell me the bunk beds he was trying to buy himself, I finally, in my own voice said I would see him that evening and hung up !! Great prank call that we still laugh at nearly 40 years latter. Got ya Jim!!

Joe
    TW-Brian likes this.

Tdub2 found its way to me via Swap Shop, my hometown's version of tradio.

r80rt likes this.

Weird. The thread title just hit me.....Dubya Cee Bee Kay (WCBK). The local station here is Dubya Bee Cee Kay (WBCK).

Well,as our society continues to regress,certain trends become apparent......For example, the majority of Ford Taurus have apparently settled here in central Indiana. The preferred era of manufacture being early to mid-90's,usually a brown or dark green as the main body color,with at least one fender or door in a tasteful contrasting color.Working windows are optional, and most vehicle have the majority of their wheel covers.
    I presume that the interiors are similarly well appointed,but the smeared safety glass (compliments of the little demons) prevents one from confirming this......
    TW-Brian likes this.

Sponosred Links